How do I import or sync gmail contacts with verizon messaging?
granto

I am setting up verizon messaging on my laptop and missed the opportunity to import my gmail contacts. Is there a way to go back and import these contacts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I import or sync gmail contacts with verizon messaging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Granto,

I am so excited to hear that you are using Verizon Messages! Verizon Messages uses your phone’s address book and contact list. It doesn’t generate a unique address book. To improve your messaging experience you can sign up for the Back Up Assistant(sm) service that allows you to back up all contacts from your primary smartphone to the Verizon Cloud. This will allow for your contacts to be synced on Verizon Messages on your tablet, PC,and web http://vz.to/1j3aYBq . Are these gmail contacts appearing on your phone?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Granto,

I am so excited to hear that you are using Verizon Messages! Verizon Messages uses your phone’s address book and contact list. It doesn’t generate a unique address book. To improve your messaging experience you can sign up for the Back Up Assistant(sm) service that allows you to back up all contacts from your primary smartphone to the Verizon Cloud. This will allow for your contacts to be synced on Verizon Messages on your tablet, PC,and web http://vz.to/1j3aYBq . Are these gmail contacts appearing on your phone?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Rob_Illz

Unfortunately I have the same issue.  Message + on my phone shows all my gmail contacts but the desktop app only shows phone numbers.  I even went to Backup Assistant and imported all my gmail contacts via CSV file.  My contacts now all show there but still not in the Message + desktop app. 

0 Likes
Rob_Illz

Update - it took awhile but the import of the contacts to Backup Assistant via csv file did work.  All contact names now show in the  desktop app.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
salindley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue - installed Message+ on my Windows laptop and my messages show up, but contacts do not. How do I get my Gmail contacts to sync with the app as advertised? All I see are phone numbers, and I cannot look up a message recipient. The contact list is stone empty. Please advise.

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi salindley - We want you to get the most out the the Message app! Upon review it appears Message is looking for the Cloud or Backup Assistant contacts. When logging into http://www.vzw.com/myverizon, select Manage My Contacts. Are you showing same contacts as Gmail here? I am eager to get you setup that way you need to be!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
salindley
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to "Manage Contacts" I'm told "Your contacts is empty". Bad grammar. Anyway, I don't use Backup Assistant to backup my contacts, I keep them all in the Gmail contact list so I can use them on all devices. Backup Assistant has caused issues in the past for me (and according to Google others as well) with lost and duplicated contacts, so I stopped using it a long time ago. My Tablet is also using Verizon Messages and it's able to see my Gmail contacts. What do I have to do to get the Windows version to see these same Gmail contacts? I had assumed that it would happen automatically when I connected it to the account. Please advise.

Scott

0 Likes
speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not to sure how to do it on a laptop, but on my tablet and my windows phone I just added an exchange account using my gmail info and used m.gmail.com as the server. This linked my contacts on gmail to my devices and it also link it to my calendar. This word especially well on windows 8 computers. Best of luck.

0 Likes