How about some Windows Cyan for October?
ScreenNameIsTaken
Enthusiast - Level 1

We all know Verizon's network is awesome!  AT&T seems to be beating you to the critical gotta-have updates for flagship devices, though!  We know you love us Windows phone users, how about just an official word from someone at Verizon that you won't forget about us loyal customers and will show us some Cortana love?  That way, we can continue to spread the word about just how awesome Verizon is, and maybe, just maybe, you'll be take that first prize from Brand Key's Customer Loyalty Engagement Index in 2015!

Thanks in advance for your prompt and courteous reply!

P.S. - An awesome and from-the-heart reply would build a whole lot of loyalty!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How about some Windows Cyan for October?
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

If you had read some of the other threads you would have seen we have been fussing about Verizon's lack of response to any question of when or if they were going to release Cyan which will release Windows 8.1.

0 Likes
ScreenNameIsTaken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh certainly - I had seen the other threads.  I just hoped for better results appealing to something that should be an executive-level mandate for the company (I know if I were the execs of a large company known as 2nd in my industry for brand loyalty, I'd make it a corporate initiative to improve that across the board!)  Perhaps someone will go above and beyond to help push up that brand loyalty!  We'd sing your praises....

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

At this point, I just don't understand why Verizon even carries WindowsPhone. There are many anecdotes about people being steered away from the phones in the store. That was certainly my experience, and I ended up ordering online just to avoid the salespeople trying to push me from it.

What is also mystifying is why does Verizon have exclusives on these phones (Icon and even M8)? Is there some strange deal between MSFT and Verizon that involves other factors? Like maybe with 177,000 employees they've negotiated a deal for enterprise licenses for desktops and servers and as part of that they are "forced" to carry WP, and the Nokia "flagship" in particular?

I don't get why MSFT would let Verizon take this awesome flagship phone, the Icon, and make a mockery of it. And vice versa, if it really is MSFT dragging their feet, why wouldn't Verizon be up in arms saying "hey guys you're screwing up our exclusive?" The radio silence makes it feel like nobody gives a crap, and that's just strange.

0 Likes
erhman2004
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is interesting is the "I get steered away from Windows Phone" at the Verizon store stories that I read a lot in this and other forums.  That did not happen to me.  When I went in the Verizon store when I got my Icon, I pointed at the Icon and told them "This is the phone I want."  I think I said it in a way, that pretty much told them that this is what I want, and lets just stick to that. 

I too am in the same boat about the 8.1 update.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I have a feeling it won't get pushed out till the end of December of 2014.  If it does not get pushed out at all, then it is the biggest snub to a group of Verizon customers that you can imagine. 

Time will tell. 

0 Likes
PhoneEar
0 Likes
Rustyworld

All I know is if I don't get Cyan soon I am switching to ATT when my contract is up in January. They DO try to talk you out of WP. Let's keep the pressure up here at least. Maybe they can be shamed into doing the right things. I've heard MS gave them the update 7/15--so what's the deal.

0 Likes
Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

I agree about the salespeople... but just pretend they're in car sales. You have to be firm about what you want.

Anyway the latest rumor I heard pointed towards a late October release. If there's still no news by November, out come the pitchforks.

0 Likes
PhoneEar

Well, I have an Icon based on a promise from a sales person that it would be upgraded. I'm up in April. If I'm not in Cyan with Denim on the way by then, I'm walking. So glad I bought the phone rather than putting it under contract!

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife and I were very aggressively steered away from the Icon by an employee who then took close to 90-minutes to figure out how to sell us the 2 phones.  I could tell as soon as I walked in that the quality of the help at this location had gone seriously downhill (probably because it had more than doubled in size) since the great experience we had there a couple years ago.  I knew I should have walked immediately when her first response was "Why do you want a WINDOWS phone?"  My mistake.

I think that:

1. Verizon, like the federal government, is simply too large to do ANYTHING efficiently and/or well.

and this is compounded by:

2.  No one at Verizon does give a crap.

Given the market share of Android and IOS, Windows phone is utterly inconsequential to their bottom line.

I'm guessing that Verizon is well-aware of the fact that the financial impact of every single Windows phone user leaving them would be miniscule, and their (in)action is simply in accordance with this.