HTC Trophy lock button not working.
kleben

So earlier this year, I got very little water on my phone and it was completely fine. This was months ago. But that did turn one of the indicators slightly red because of course that's where the water landed, my luck. Anyway, just yesterday my phone's lock button stopped working. My phone won't lock when I press the button, and then when the screen goes dark, it won't light up until I get a text or something, almost like it is completely off. In fact I thought it was shutting off until I noticed it lit up again when I got a text. Then, once when I was fooling around, trying to get it to work, I saw a question mark on the battery icon. It didn't stay there, and it isn't there now, but I did see it once. What could be wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Trophy lock button not working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kleben. Thanks for all the info about your phone! I researched the Trophy and don't see any reports of known issues with the power button going out like you mentioned. But a little water or a lot of water can have a negative effect on a device, even weeks or months down the road, because it wears down and corrodes the electronic components over time. So it's completely possible that the water has now caught up to the phone's battery and power components, causing that random ? on the battery icon and the power button to be quirky. Since the power button is more of a physical issue, I can say a reset of your phone would most likely not be beneficial.

You can check http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/lookup to see if you have insurance and to file a claim. Or visit www.vzw.com/signin and log in as the Account Owner to see when you qualify for a discount on a new phone. We also have a Certified Pre-Owned program www.verizonwireless.com/replacementcpo if you don't have insurance and have a while to wait till your upgrade date.

Have a great day and keep me posted if you need additional help.
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes