GDR2 Release Date
jeremynuss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone heard from Verizon as to when they will release GDR2 to Windows Phone?  I know they are typically a few weeks behind other carriers due to network testing.  Since Exchange support for Google accounts will be gone on July 31st I am hoping I can get the update before then so I don't lose access to my email. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GDR2 Release Date
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Primortal,

Software updates always make the device sweeter. While we have no information on the GDR2 update, you can keep up with the latest news here http://bit.ly/n5snpq . Have a great day!

Thanks,
Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'd be surprised if VZW released GDR2 before the 31st.

carljanderson
Enthusiast - Level 2

of March, 2014?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Primortal,

Software updates always make the device sweeter. While we have no information on the GDR2 update, you can keep up with the latest news here http://bit.ly/n5snpq . Have a great day!

Thanks,
Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hazJen
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family relies heavily on Google calendars.  It appears this functionality will be lost today without the GDR2 (Amber) update.  This update needs high priority.   This update has been available from Microsoft for some time now.   Verizon should at least be able to commit to a roll-out schedule.

First Group txt is disabled, now this.  I love my Nokia Windows Phone; but, Verizon is making it as difficult as possible to use.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Google is delaying it's cutoff to EAS (Google Sync) till 12/31.

primortal
Master - Level 1

That's the problem with VZW, this is an update to the device and I don't know why there is secrecy around announcing when updates will be released.  What's the harm in saying early to mid Q3?  If it slips then you announce that due to some unforeseen circumstance the update has to be delayed.

Announcing when updates will be released for a device or if you are no longer supporting the device would be a major step forward in communications to your clients.  You a communication company COMMUNICATE to your customers the information they are looking for.  Stop pushing us your newsletter, majority of the time its reporting after the fact....

Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Come on Verizon !!! GDR2 brings FM radio so I can listen to baseball games on my 928. I need this now not at the end of the baseball season.

This update needs to be rushed out before other carriers release to make Verizon look better here and ACTUALLY make their customer happy.

jeremynuss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more.  Verizon should publish their release schedule for updates for all smartphones.  It would make Verizon look so much better to the consumer.  Plus it would reduce the number of people calling, emailing, and posting in forums about when updates will be released.  Even if it is several weeks after the package is released by the software provider at least we would know when to expect it.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They will never release update schedules.  There are too many things that can go wrong with software development and testing and delay those schedules. 

0 Likes