Re: Even China has better WP7 Devices!
LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

WP7 now supports LTE.  It just doesn't support ipv6.  So it has LTE, and it's a fact.  You can't disagree with that.  It doesn't have IPv6, which is true.  You can roll out LTE on a IPv4 network.  That's not a problem at all.  Now Verizon doesn't want to do that, but the OS does now have FULL LTE support in regards to the standards needed for LTE.  It' just doesn't have IPV6, which is something extra Verizon would like to have.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon fanboy spin at the worst (along with your replies to defend the stance in this thread).

Verizon is anti-consumer and doesn't care much about anything except you paying them. They don't equate PHONE to PAYMENT see getting iPhone almost 5 years after AT&T.

I'd expect them to release the Lumia 7xx format LTE device this summer then an WP8 Apollo phone later this year (just before xmas) going by their typical schedule. Also iPhone 5 will get heavy promotion so WP promotion from Verizon is a year away. They'll also let Nokia/MS promote WP more and await WP8 (shipping on 90+% of PCs sold worldwide later this year. That is the Verizon way. They can prove me wrong but don't hold your breath.

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

primortal wrote:

I call shenanigans on IPv6 being required on devices.  The article from FoggyCats is from 2009 and VZW stated that the devices must support big difference from being required; when VZW switches over to IPv6 that the device can support it.  I have a Samsung MiFi (JetPack) that still acquiring IPv4 addresses and it's LTE; and people (running the latest Andriod phones in the NY tri-state area) I've spoke to they are still getting IPv4 addresses for their devices..  Please provide proof from Verzion that this is a requirement for Windows Phones.

What kind of proof are you looking for?

Also just because a device picks up a IPV4 address does not mean that VZW has not made it a requirement for new devices to support IPV6.

Though in the end I am not here to convince you. Just sharing some info on the state of VZW's LTE requirements on new equipment. Keep hoping for new Windows phones, you wont see any till Apollo on big red.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The proof backing up what everyone is saying about VZW their LTE requirements.  Just that the device must support LTE which WP 7.5 does.  I know there are different flavors of LTE so it's hard to discern the exact requirement.  So are people speaking from opinion formulated in their head or there is some documentation on the internet stating from VZW that LTE must have the following requirements.

1. Must require IPv6
  2. Must magically powered by the sun
  3. Cannot be a WP 7 or 7.5 device
  4. Cannot downgrade to 3G where there is no LTE coverage yet.
  5. When LTE goes down 3G must go down also
  6. Cannot emphasis more,  cannot be a WP 7 or 7.5 device
  7. Must be Andriod or Apple device (no WP 7 or 7.5 devices)

No need to convince me but when people speak FUD they don't backup up their FUD with proof.  Just more FUD backing up the original FUD.

It so easy today on the internet to spread FUD and people take it as gospel without challenging/questioning it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The requirements are known. Windows 7/7.5 doesn't meet those requirements. It's easy enough and isn't FUD. Windows 8 is supposedly suppose to meet the requirements.

So if you want a WP7.5 device instead of waiting for 8 your best option is to go to another carrier. Verizon is not budging on their requirements.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can find the requirements from their Press Releases FYI. All LTE devices all have IPv6 addresses Verizon said they are no longer coming out with new 3G devices. Do you see any new 3G devices? I urge you to read Verizon Wireless press releases before you call it FUD.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

The requirements are known. Windows 7/7.5 doesn't meet those requirements. It's easy enough and isn't FUD. Windows 8 is supposedly suppose to meet the requirements.

So if you want a WP7.5 device instead of waiting for 8 your best option is to go to another carrier. Verizon is not budging on their requirements.

Windows Phone 7.5 support LTE now there is no definition on who's LTE flavor is supported; at&t's or verizons or both.

It's been pointed out by Paul Thurrott that VZW will have a low end WP phone in the spring so that goes againt the IPv6 requirement unless that piece will now be native in Mango.  So I guess they are budging on thier requirements....

I've been waiting for a high-end WP device from VWZ for almost 1.5 years now to replace my HTC Touch Pro 2 which I want to throw into a wood chipper. I'm not waiting till next year for VZW to contemplate carrying a Windows Phone 8.  I'm tired of waiting for VZW to make a formal announcement on their Window Phone stance. Which they will never do being it would drive away customers.  I will be leaving The Droid Network come April when at&t releases the Lumia 900.

Tidbits wrote:

You can find the requirements from their Press Releases FYI. All LTE devices all have IPv6 addresses  Verizon said they are no longer coming out with new 3G devices. Do you see any new 3G devices? I urge you to read Verizon Wireless press releases before you call it FUD

So can you point me to VZW press release the states all LTE devices are required to have IPv6?  I did a search for "IPv6", "IP v6" "LTE Requirement" and nothing stating LTE requirements appear.  I eve tried "LTE requirements" site:verizonwireless.com on google and nada.

Your incorrect in saying all LTE devices have IPv6 addresses, FUD.  My Samsung LTE Jetpack always gets an IP v4 address when it connect to the network.

Also technically all new LTE devices are also new 3G devices aren't they?  So Verzion saying the are no longer coming out with new 3G devices is a technically a lie being all LTE devices have to downgrade to something other than LTE when a customer goes to an area that doesn't have any LTE coverage.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

primortal wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

Windows Phone 7.5 support LTE now there is no definition on who's LTE flavor is supported; at&t's or verizons or both.

It's been pointed out by Paul Thurrott that VZW will have a low end WP phone in the spring so that goes againt the IPv6 requirement unless that piece will now be native in Mango.  So I guess they are budging on thier requirements....

I've been waiting for a high-end WP device from VWZ for almost 1.5 years now to replace my HTC Touch Pro 2 which I want to throw into a wood chipper. I'm not waiting till next year for VZW to contemplate carrying a Windows Phone 8.  I'm tired of waiting for VZW to make a formal announcement on their Window Phone stance. Which they will never do being it would drive away customers.  I will be leaving The Droid Network come April when at&t releases the Lumia 900.

Tidbits wrote:

You can find the requirements from their Press Releases FYI. All LTE devices all have IPv6 addresses  Verizon said they are no longer coming out with new 3G devices. Do you see any new 3G devices? I urge you to read Verizon Wireless press releases before you call it FUD

So can you point me to VZW press release the states all LTE devices are required to have IPv6?  I did a search for "IPv6", "IP v6" "LTE Requirement" and nothing stating LTE requirements appear.  I eve tried "LTE requirements" site:verizonwireless.com on google and nada.

Just explain something to me.  What is IPv4 is, and what IPv6 is?  Verizon LTE network is IPv6, how IPv4 can connect to an IPv6? Now explain to me why IPv6 support is NOT a requirement on Full IPv6 network? Key points I have to make will be recolored.  Remember Verizon said 2013 they should cover the same number of people as they do with those people who have 3G, and expand globally.  FYI I can switch between 3G and 4G just fine.  If you want I can make videos of this phenomenon you believe doesn't exist.

As for the 710 coming to Verizon. Where is this coming from?  A Fan site said he said so?  Rather have something more substantial than that.

For further evidence...  Try connecting to a IPv6 website without IPv6 support.

Now explain to me why WP7.5 needs to come out with LTE support and without IPv6 to be used?

As you can see from 10/29/2007 press releases they have already began rolling out their IPv6 in Europe, Asia, and US(beginning of their LTE construction actually started in 2003 with research and development).

Verizon Business continued to expand and enhance its global network. It began deployment of the Internet's next-generation IPv6 protocol; obtained connectivity to China Telecom's Next Convergence Network; began construction under a special license of the first multi-terabit, optical submarine cable system directly linking the U.S. mainland and China; and activated additional Converged Packet Architecture switches globally.

04/21/2011

Verizon expanded its global network infrastructure, continuing to broaden its global scope and capabilities. The company installed 38 additional Private IP edge routers for a total of 852 edge routers in 238 sites throughout 63 countries; activated the first 100GE (gigabit Ethernet) transmission trunk between routers on Verizon’s backbone network; implemented Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) on its public IP backbone in Europe and the Asia-Pacific regions; and activated 7,021 miles of the Europe India Gateway submarine cable system, which connects the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Assuming if you are out of contract... Why don't you leave now?  You can go off contract with AT&T and wait out for the phone.  When the phone comes you can sign that contract.  Why fund the "Droid" Network?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Priceless...  If you don't know the difference between IPv4 and IPv6 you are definately spewing FUD.

Let me educate you, Internet Protocal version 4 uses a 32 bit address (1.1.1.1) scheme whereas Internet Protocal v6 (

2012:0db8:65a4:0000:0000:8a2e:1240:2412) uses a 128 bit address scheme.  Still devices still have to support 3G so the statment again that no new devices will be 3G is a technical lie.  Yes my JetPack can switch back and forth from LTE to 3G  no brainer.

In regards to the 710, comes from a reputable source that has very good contacts within Microsoft.

A device that has an IPv4 address assigned to them cannot connect to a network that is fully IPv6 which VZW's LTE is NOT.  The only way this would work is with an NAT'd address on the end points.  Again internally the ip address are still IPv4.

Again what you quoted from press release DOES NOT SAY IPv6 IS REQUIRED!  It says that they implemented which means that there backbone will support IPv6 when the times comes to switch it on.  Network equipment form the past would not understand IPv6 and how to route it without either upgrading the OS/Firmware of the router/switches or replace them with newer hardware.

0 Likes