Deleting Old Outlook E-mail Address and Adding a New One
Dareru76
I am using an SMT5800 and have recently moved. In my previous location, my phone was synced to my workplace Outlook E-mail address. Since moving, I have tried repeatedly to update my Outlook E-mail settings to match my new workplace. Unfortunately, when attempting to change the Outlook settings, the phone does not allow me to remove my old username. Since the phone also does not allow me to simply delete the old Outlook address and simply start over, I remain unable to Active Sync with my current place of employment. How might I go about rectifying this?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting Old Outlook E-mail Address and Adding a New One
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Dareru76 wrote:
I am using an SMT5800 and have recently moved. In my previous location, my phone was synced to my workplace Outlook E-mail address. Since moving, I have tried repeatedly to update my Outlook E-mail settings to match my new workplace. Unfortunately, when attempting to change the Outlook settings, the phone does not allow me to remove my old username. Since the phone also does not allow me to simply delete the old Outlook address and simply start over, I remain unable to Active Sync with my current place of employment. How might I go about rectifying this?

I assume you were using MS Exchange for your work. If you can not delete the old account then you do have a problem. This should not be an issue. First back up your phone, Contacts, Settings etc using a backup program like PPCPIMbackup(free) or SPB backup or equivalent. For this message I used PPCpim Backup and backed up all my data to my storage card. Next start ACTIVESYNC on the phone, click MENU>OPTIONS and delete the Exchange account there. Then establish a account with your new workplace. Once the account is established Start PPCPIM backup and restore just the info you want, i.e. contacts etc. That should work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Dareru76 wrote:

I assume you were using MS Exchange for your work. If you can not delete the old account then you do have a problem. This should not be an issue. First back up your phone, Contacts, Settings etc using a backup program like PPCPIMbackup(free) or SPB backup or equivalent. For this message I used PPCpim Backup and backed up all my data to my storage card. Next start ACTIVESYNC on the phone, click MENU>OPTIONS and delete the Exchange account there. Then establish a account with your new workplace. Once the account is established Start PPCPIM backup and restore just the info you want, i.e. contacts etc. That should work.

0 Likes
Dareru76
Thanks! Everything works fine now.
0 Likes