Broken Screen
uncleartie

I dropped my HTC 8X, which I've done before with no ill effect, and it landed on one corner this time which caused the screen to shatter.  The phone is still working and the screen actually responds to touch (tough phone!) but I need to replace the screen if possible.  How do I do that? Or will I have to get another phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Broken Screen
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

The deductible would be more than that, but that's besides the point. 

Google places that repair screens, it's become big business, places open up all over the place, but they normally charge $100-150 which would be about the deductible, still cheaper than shelling out for full retail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

I'm assuming you don't have insurance, the $50 deductible will beat any screen replacement costs.

If you look on eBay you can find replacement screens, but the way the 8X is built it won't be easy to replace it.

Do a search for "Verizon HTC 8X" and you'll find a few under $200.  With the Lumia 928 coming out soon I'm sure there will be even more (and cheaper), so it might be easier to just buy a used one in a few days.

0 Likes
uncleartie

No, no insurance. In the 15 years I've been carrying cellphones I never

needed it.  Guess I do now!  Thanks

>> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

The deductible would be more than that, but that's besides the point. 

Google places that repair screens, it's become big business, places open up all over the place, but they normally charge $100-150 which would be about the deductible, still cheaper than shelling out for full retail.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I cracked the screen of my iphone 4s bought replacement on ebay for $30 bucks replaced it and works like a new phone!

Problem?

Maebugg

where do I take the iPhone 7

0 Likes
Maebugg

Where do I get it fixed?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon! We're sorry to hear that your iPhone 7 has a broken screen. We hope that you weren't harmed in any way. Subscribing to a monthly wireless insurance plan will provide you with a backup plan to get your device repaired. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’re requesting your permission to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6609GbA2v

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes