Re: Anyone else waiting for a better WP7 device on Verizon?
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Glad you like it!  I was concerned about the display as well, and when I compared it side by side with the Samsung Focus, was quite disapppointed.  But when using it on its own, without having the AMOLED next to it, it does look very good.  I heard someone say that the AMOLED doesn't look as good in sunlight, but I didn't specifically look for that when I had the Focus (I will when I get my Focus in the mail in a day or so), so I don't know.  I think I have a defective handset, so there's a replacement on the way that will arrive on Thursday, but other than that, I'm quite happy with the phone.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Well, would you look at that - I just finished typing the prior post, and the FedEx guy came with my Samsung Focus!  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Of course!  There's no SIM card in it, so it won't turn on!  LOL

0 Likes
boe
Enthusiast - Level 2

hogs518 wrote:

How can some of y'all judge a phone you haven't used?

And with the batteries, there are plenty of options with buying higher power batteries, either ones that fit normally in the Trophy or require a larger cover.

And when it comes to 4G, I read somewhere recently that only 2 cities in the nation have true 4G service. 

So if you're from a smaller state like me, there's a good chance you won't have 4G service for a very long time.

I have used other phones with smaller screens like the trophy.   Typing on a larger 4.3" screen is much easier for me.   Reading my e-mail on a larger 4.3" screen is much easier for me.  Browsing the web on a larger 4.3" screen is much easier for me.  Reading email attachments such as excel, word and PDFs on a larger 4.3" screen is much easier for me.

If you read reviews on "more powerful" seido replacment batteries that fit in the same size space as the oem batteries you'll find most people find them equal or worse than the OEM batteries.

Don't you ever travel?  I use my phone at the airport all the time for tethering to my laptop where 4G is wonderful.

0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't want a phone with a 4" screen, I prefer phones with a smaller footprint. I really hate carrying around something with me every day that's bulky, it'd rather have a smaller phone with a smaller screen. I think the Trophy's screen size is ideal, any bigger and I'd just as soon use a tablet or netbook.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

chudster94 wrote:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't want a phone with a 4" screen, I prefer phones with a smaller footprint. I really hate carrying around something with me every day that's bulky, it'd rather have a smaller phone with a smaller screen. I think the Trophy's screen size is ideal, any bigger and I'd just as soon use a tablet or netbook.

I personally like both the Trophy and the slightly larger Focus, although I think any bigger than the Focus and I think it would be too big.  Just my opinion, as I know everyone's is different.

0 Likes
Tripp06

I agree with BOE's desires for the next Windows Phone.  I certainly would like to see:

- 4G LTE availability

- Larger screen like the HD7s or Dell Venue (I tend to like large screens as well but the Trophy's screen does "feel" larger than 3.8")

- Faster processor (Although the demo Trophy unit I played with moved like lightning nonetheless)

I am planning to get the Trophy anyway due to its quick pacing and the fact my old phone is falling apart on me as we speak.  I just need to determine whether my company's corporate policy will include support in the near future.

0 Likes
boe
Enthusiast - Level 2

chudster94 wrote:

Nothing wrong with wanting a small screen - you are in luck - the Trophy has a small screen.   Unfortunately for those of who want a flagship device running WP7 we got boned since Verizon only is offering the Trophy.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Agreed.  Personally, I wish this Samsung Focus would work on Verizon, but since it won't, I'll sell it.  To me the size is perfect, and the only thing about the design that I don't like is the curvature on the back, where it doesn't lie flat.  Other than that, it's a beautiful phone.  I do think that Verizon needs to have 1-2 low end models, a mid model, and a high end model or two. 

0 Likes
texanator
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.

I'm not going to be waiting on Verizon, anymore :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes