2 New Issues after Amber update, touch screen goes unresponsive and chime sounds while charging on DT-900
rick_h
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's Lumia 928 has had the touch screen go unresponsive on 3 different occasions since getting the Amber update.  When this happens, the power button can get the screen to turn on, but the touch screen doesn't react at all so the phone can't be unlocked.  Holding Power + VolumeDown for 10 or 15 seconds does the trick to force a reboot.

The second issue is that when charging on the Nokia DT-900 wireless charging plate, the phone chimes at seemingly random times.  It's the same sound that plays when the phone is initially plugged in to the charger or placed on the plate.  We never heard this before the Amber update.

Has Verizon acknowledged either of these issues, and is there a timeline for a fix?  I've seen mention of both of these behaviors in various forums. Are other folks seeing this on their 928's?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2 New Issues after Amber update, touch screen goes unresponsive and chime sounds while charging on DT-900
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if this will help, but I have heard that having the "Double tap to wake up phone" option checked can cause the screen to lock up, much like you are describing.  Go to Settings, Display+Touch, Touch (top menu) and uncheck the Double tap option.

0 Likes
Re: 2 New Issues after Amber update, touch screen goes unresponsive and chime sounds while charging on DT-900
rick_h
Enthusiast - Level 2

We don't have Double-tap, or Glance/Peek enabled, yet still see this occur.

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found that with double tap to wake enabled, the device was in fact less stable and resulted in lock-ups.  After disabling that feature the phone is more stable but lock-ups do still occur, just not with the same frequency as before.

0 Likes