cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Wifi calling not really "free of charge."

Miembro

The Verizon Wireless website says that WiFi calling is free of charge, but the minutes still showed up as being subtracted from my allocated minutes on my voice plan.  Thus, they are not "free of charge."  Is there something I need to change to make them "free of charge?"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Wifi calling not really "free of charge."

Líder Sénior

You are not in essence being charged extra for minutes used on WiFi calling.  If you talk for 15 min, then you only use 15 min from your plan, but there is no charge to use those minutes via WiFi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I think "free of charge" means that it does not cost extra than your normal plan cost.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You are not in essence being charged extra for minutes used on WiFi calling.  If you talk for 15 min, then you only use 15 min from your plan, but there is no charge to use those minutes via WiFi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks for both of your replies.  Wow, that seems like incredible false advertising--if I go over my plan minutes utilizing wifi calling, that means they're inherently not free.  There isn't any sort of caveat on the page that explains this.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

It's free to use...  It doesn't cost you extra to allow you to use the feature. Just because it uses your minutes like a normal call will doesn't mean false advertising. Do people really believe that they'd offer this service and not cost minutes? If that was the case people might as well get the lowest plan possible and then use wifi calling all the time...  T-Mobile had wifi calling for years and actually went through the FTC and BBB about it using minutes and false advertising and on every occasion so far has went in favor of T-Mobile.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

If you go over your minutes it's still free to use but those minutes are not. You are being charged for the minutes you used not the wifi calling option.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

It also says that long distance is free with your calling plan, too, but if you go over your minute allowance you will pay extra for that long distance according to the terms of your calling plan. Does that mean saying free long distance is false advertising???

Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

EmJay80, we want to set the right bill expectations for you. Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network if cellular is not available. It's included at no additional charge with your existing voice plan. For more details regarding Wi-Fi Calling, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Yes, the feature is included free, but the minutes used go against the plan minutes on limited plans.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The reason minutes are charged is that we are using YOUR network to make the call. It if I'm making a WiFi call using my ATT internet, instead of your network, why are my minutes being deducted?

0 Likes