cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Why is access to Terminal Services servers blocked? How to workaround?

Miembro

Situation: our business hosts a Terminal Services (port 3389 aka RDP) server using MLFR T1 internet.  Our users access this server from inside our network, from their homes, and on the road using various cellular modems or hotel WiFi.

Most of our users have older plug-in USB modems from Verizon.  I think most if not all of these are 3G devices.  They work just fine: our users are able to access the Terminal Services with no issue.

Three of our users, myself included, have newer WiFi hotspots from Verizon.  I think most if not all of these are 3G/4G devices.  They do not work: our users are unable to access the Terminal Services server.

I have tested this myself in-store on every model that Verizon currently sells, and it is not limited to one device.  I have also tried to use my cellphone's built-in WiFi hotspot, and it doesn't work either.

Why is this happening and how can I work around it?  I have tried setting up additional ports on our firewall at work, which redirect to port 3389 internally.  This didn't seem to make a difference.  I'm at a loss.

Pestañas (5)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why is access to Terminal Services servers blocked? How to workaround?

Asistencia al cliente

4rev4,

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with accessing this work item. We definitely want you to always have the best options available. Have you had an opportunity to check this out with our Technical Support team? This seems to be a very specific issue, and they should be able to provide a very specific answer. Please reach out to them at 800-922-0204. Keep us updated if you continue to have troubles.

Gracias,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Miembro

I'm asking on here to get a public answer.

If the answer is "we're blocking port 3389 because our customers (eliminado)" then put it out there for everybody to see, don't just make the conversation private to hide your ill will.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Thanks for the additional feedback 4rev4. If the wireless devices will connect to other wifi sources in alternate locations, I'm sorry our control is limited. If you have account specific concerns to review, we always ask for a PM, as we do not review account specifics on a public page or forum.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

You didn't read the original post, so I'll quote the relevant part:

"I have tested this myself in-store on every model that Verizon currently sells, and it is not limited to one device.  I have also tried to use my cellphone's built-in WiFi hotspot, and it doesn't work either."

This is not an account specific issue.  This is a widespread issue across multiple devices and accounts, and it's ridiculous that Verizon is blocking users from accessing RDP (Terminal Services) servers on the internet, since these are used almost exclusively for business purposes.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

4rev4,

We definitely want to make sure that your issue is addressed. VZW does not block access to specific websites or web addresses unless requested by that phone's account owner as part of usage controls. Since it is working on some older 3G only devices and not some of the new 4G LTE capable devices, the issue may be with the site itself and it's viewability on the latest software version of some devices. To get some more specific insight, you can reach out to our Technical Support at 800-922-0204.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Stop punting and stop blaming things that obviously aren't the problem.

Access to this server works on every internet connection I've ever tested it on.  Hotel WiFi, DSL, Cable, T1, even your own USB 3G modems.

Your newer WiFi hotspots block the connection.  Please fix this or at least admit that you are arbitrarily denying your customers full access to the internet for whatever reason.

0 Likes