cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

When should I port my Verizon phone to Sprint?

decaf
Miembro

My contract with verizon ends on the 20th of this month. today is the 9th.  I know I have one more billing cycle to pay in a couple days.

I already have my new sprint phone lined up, my question is; When would be the best time to tell sprint they can take the number and port?  the day before the contract ends?  the same day it ends?  I don't want an early termination fee for no reason but i'm not sure how to go about this. I know I can get a temporary number from sprint until they take the number. Can anyone walk me through this or please give me a run down? I would greatly appreciate it seeing as I don't have much time.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: When should I port my Verizon phone to Sprint?

ashtontr

Same day and you will not be billed an ETF, your phone number will physically disconnect from your account the end of your bill cycle though.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

decaf
Miembro

Awesome. So pay the last bill, and tell sprint to take the number on the 20th and i should be good to go?

Also: the end of the bill cycle isnt for a week or 2 after the contract ends anyway so that should be fine

0 Me gusta

Intocable
Novice

port your number the last day of your billing cycle since vzw will bill you the entire month anyways.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

decaf
Miembro

Okay... so.... last day of contract... or last day of billing cycle? lol

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

I would probably wait to do the number port until the day or two before your billing cycle ends, but after your contract is completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

ashtontr

Depends how quick you want to be on Sprint. Lol. You can switch as long as your contract is ended, you'll be billed until the end of the cycle regardless the day you switch.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

decaf
Miembro

I plan on paying off the bill in a couple days, quite a bit before my last billing cycle ends. ( i believe the last cycle ends 2 weeks after my contract is up).  and I want to go to sprint ASAP.   So I can just pay it,  and then tell them to take my number the day my contract expires on the 20th and i'm good to go as far as not having an  ETF?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

ashtontr

Correct Smiley Happy

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hola decaf,

I am saddened you no longer want to be a member of the VZW family and I am here to help! May I ask why you want to cancel service with us? Please update me with your specific concerns. I would love the opportunity to review your account in an effort to identify your available options. At your leisure, please DM your name and wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Me gusta