cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Verizon Phone on Alltel Plan dropping calls

Miembro

Hello, I am curious to see if anyone else is having a similar problem that I am...my iPhone 5S and my wife's LG phone both drop calls, particularly at our house.  We have Verizon phones, but on an old Alltel plan.  The first time I noticed it was 2 years ago and I called and the Verizon employee knew what to do and 're-pushed the tower info to our phones' or something like that.  Service was good for about 2 months and it began to deteriorate again.  About 1 year ago, I called again and it took 3 weeks of talking and discussing to get someone to do the same thing (even though I told them about the original fix when I first called). Service was good for a month or so and it has went bad again.  Constantly drops calls, won't connect, etc.  All Verizon can tell me is that I need to switch to a Verizon plan, which will cost about 40% than my current one.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?  ¿Alguna sugerencia?

Gracias,

Travis

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Phone on Alltel Plan dropping calls

Community Manager
Community Manager

cvl_eng13,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear of your service issues. We definitely want you to always have great service. What zip are you having issues in? Also are the issues only in your home or is service poor in the surrounding area as well? We would be happy to provide any suggestions, but we will need to evaluate the area first. Also you can try removing/reinserting your 4g sim cards to refresh the network on your devices. Please fill us in on the asked info and we can proceed with assisting.

Gracias,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you for your reply.  The problem area is in Tallahassee, FL 32312, with very little problems elsewhere.  I contacted Verizon support and they tested the service in the area and said there was an issue.  However, both times they've re-pushed the tower info to our phones (I'm sure that is not the technical description, but as close as I can remember), it has fixed our issues almost immediately and lasted a good month or two until, I guess, our phones have a disconnect with the towers again.  I'm not sure how to reset the 4g card in my phone and I don't think my wife's LG phone has one, so that's something I can try at least.

Not sure if there are any other things to try, but it is very frustrating to not be able to talk in our house.

Thank you for your assistance,

Travis

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

cvl_eng13, Thank you for providing those details and we do certainly want to make sure you can keep enjoying the service without having to call us back to reset the system. Here are the steps to remove the SIM card from your iPhone 5S http://vz.to/1itzHut Be sure to keep the phone off for about 5-10 minutes while you have the SIM card out, as this will assist in the towers resetting there connection to the device. For your wife's phone, what model LG device is it? If it has a removable battery, try to remove the battery and keep it out for about 5-10 minutes. If you have a home internet provider, a device that many people use to strengthen indoor coverage is a network extender http://vz.to/IHRT6h Due to not being able to guarantee indoor coverage by having outdoor towers, this is a very useful and helpful tool. Thanks for your patience and please let us know how the service is going.

-PeterV_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you for your reply.  I tried the things you mentioned to reset both the iphone and LG phone.  Neither was helped by the reset.  Calls continue to be dropped and sometimes incoming calls are not received (a voicemail will pop up later.)  The wi-fi signal booster seems to be a good idea.  Is there a way for Verizon to provide one since service appears to be subpar in this location? 

Thanks again for your help.

Travis

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

cvl_eng13,

Sorry to hear that you were not able to get any better connection after performing the resets. To further assist with options, I have followed you, if you can accept my request and follow me so that I can further assist with some options for you via a direct message. Thank you Travis and I look forward to working with you.

-PeterV_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

i think i finally got it to follow you. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

cvl_eng13, Sorry for the delay as I am glad that we are now able to connect with each other. If you can send me a direct message when you click on my name so that I can further assist you. Agradecemos tu paciencia.

-PeterV_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I am having exact same problem. very annoying. i have called verizon and sent emails in the past and never got an answer. The problem started with switch switch to 4g. Always had great service before switch.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rikc!

Let's get your questions answered! Current zip code? When did the problem begin? Are you experiencing the issue in and outdoors? Please update me with your specific concerns.

Gracias,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Me gusta
Covid19