cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Home Fusion Data Caps Issues

mathtrax
Miembro

Thanks for the good information Jerryper. Please keep us updated on what you find out.  I have also had problems with mysterious blocks of data showing up, even in the middle of the night. I was told that if the log shows 3:00am, it is really in a six hour block (say 2:00 am to 8:00 am). ?? So it could be a legitimate record because I turn the unit off at night and back on again in the morning (around 7:00). And as others have said, forget about watching movies or other streamed content. VZ's low data caps are ridiculous. Unfortunately this is the only option available to us out in the country.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Flipperbat
Miembro

I'm having the same issue as everyone else.  In a 30gb plan and billed for 63gb.  My usage does not match HF charges.  I'm in for a call action lawsuit.  Let's all get together and make this happen.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Flipperbat
Miembro

I'm in. Let's make it happen.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

tbirdsden1
Miembro

I have been an explosive user since day one that has been treated like a idiot since dealing with the so called tech support team at Verizon. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who has learned to UNPLUG from the Fusion world at night. I started out only with 6G and have had to expand up to 20G when for a year never used any more than 5G a month. I received a call one day from Verizon asking me if I was interested in adding another line to my account, I asked them if they were crazy as I already had 2 smart phones, 1 older regular phone, 2 tablets and the Fusion. Why the hell did I need to add another line or phone to my account? They said that being an extremely good client and outstanding long time customer they could offer me a good deal. I told them that I had recently dropped a line and need another one like I need a hole in my head. Long story short, busy, hurried & end of month, went on thru my day and got a 2nd phone call from Verizon which I didn't answer & they left a message on my cell phone. Later on that day I pulled the message. It was one that told me since I was such a good customer they were offering me a month's credit to my account of $248, all I had to do was sign into MY Verizon account and take my option for the credit. OK, great deal. Hurried as I was I didn't take time to stop and pay attention at the time that the number was 1-800-000-0000 or until after I signed in with my password that the website looked a little strange did I have second thoughts. I had been hacked! This is where everything began to happen!

I get up go to work the next morning and try to call my husband. Ok, so the number doesn't go through. I try again. I'm so sorry but the number you are trying to reach has been changed or disconnected. What? I immediately jump onto the Verizon website and log onto my account to only find out that I now have 6 new Iphones in white! Iphones? I don't own any Iphones, what happen to my account? All of my lines had been cleaned out. I tried my cell phone, nothing. I proceed to contact Verizon support and thank God I get a decent tech guy. I go through what happen the previous day and he says that they haven't had that scam in a while and he said I was fortunate that I caught it that fast. SO, he goes through and makes up a ticket (where have you heard that before) and gets all of my numbers for each line and sets each one of them back up. I'm on the phone with him for approximately 2 hours.He tells me that they knocked me off of my account as administrator of the account so that I could not make any changes but that I could still get into the account. I asked him a few questions-is it possible that they could get the information to the Fusion that they could get passwords & such for use later on? You see when they got to my account this was when the back ups were to Verizon & I had passwords & such to things backed up from my phone that were on my account.I have no way of knowing if they got that info or not. As we know they go to the Cloud now & I refuse to use since it use so much of the precious DATA. His exact words: It's not likely, but I'm not going to say it could not have happen. And I will leave it at that. This guy was of great help he did more for me that day in restoring faith in humanity than Verizon did in tearing it down in 5 seconds after talking to him. They told me I was at fault for every thing in every direction that I have been. I have know that something has been using my data ever since this happen as we go one month with only using 3G then one month 16G. Verizon told me when I had them to track the the up swing of data usage that it was coming from my phone,duh. I told them the morning that I got the message of the 2G usage in 45 minutes I was in the shower my phone was turned off, the Fusion was off, unplugged, my husband was the one that got the message. Their reply-well it's your phone your number your responsibility. GO suck a data line people!!!!!!!

Then this same situation shows up on the local news about six months later and Verizon says:

We are always available and willing to stand by our customers. We are checking into this and making sure that our scam department has this under control that no possible charges are effecting our customers.

WTF!!!!!  BS!!!!!

Here's one customer that they made no attempt to ever satisfy they only accused and told me I had no idea what I was talking about. I'm no idiot and am well versed (except when I get upset) in computers systems as I do some IT work where I work at.SO, back up Verizon! IF I had another choice and if Windstream had anything similar to this I would jump at the chance to be back with them!

UNPLUG, UNPLUG, UNPLUG, UNPLUG!!!!!!! It's the only way we have seen our bill/data drop. The turn off doesn't work as well, it helps but unplug works better. They are as dirty as scammers!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

JERRYPER
Miembro

After struggling with HomeFusion for a little over 3 months, we are giving it up and going back to Dish satellite internet.

Reasons:

Started HomeFusion service  Jan 21, 2014 and it was fast, wonderful, and everything seemed fine. We used our allotted 30GB from Jan 21-Feb-10. We were very pleased at first. We were satisfied with the service and this made us go past the 2-weeks cancellation date.

Our plan rolled over on Feb. 11, 2014, with a 20GB plan that included free 10GB for the first 2 months of service. As of Feb. 28, 2014, we had used 27 GB of our allotted allowance. We began calling Verizon about the data surges on Feb. 14 when our data meter showed that we had used 11GB within a 2 day period on the 14th-15th while we were not home and everything was turned off! We called Verizon customer service, and talked to the people at our local Verizon store that set HomeFusion up for us. On Feb. 28, we unplugged the HomeFusion modem and did not plug it back in until March 10, which was our monthly rollover date for billing data.

On March 11-March 30, we were only plugging in the modem for brief periods in the evening when my wife was doing her school work and I needed to check email. We began to notice 5GB spikes in the middle of the night when we accidentally kept the modem plugged in. So, once again we kept the modem unplugged and went without internet until our billing data date came around on 4/10/14.

As of April 14, we had 2 data spikes of 7GB each, one on 4/11, one on 4/14, and an addition data spike of 4GB on 4/12. As of 4/15, our data meter showed we had used 23 of our 30 allotted GB for the month.

Once again we unplugged the HomeFusion modem. Now it is 4/27, our usage for the month is 27GB and it does not roll over until 5/10/14.

During the 100 days of HomeFusion, we have called Verizon Customer service at least 10 times, with 30-45 minutes transfers and conversations each call, and one time over two hours on the phone. Each CSR told us we were running powerful downloads on our computers, the massive data spikes were our doing, and this over 60 EdTech Instructor and Cell Technician are stupid and ignorant. The CSR's consistently lied that tickets were being made, and subsequent phone calls made to Verizon CSR proved that the tickets were never made.

The Verizon CSR's are very nice people, but they honestly do not know the HomeFusion Cantenna technology, and they must read from a script.

In the meantime, Verizon is reaping millions from their trusting broadband customers through this flawed HomeFusion technology.

If you have any other recourse for internet, even if it is satellite or 56K dialup modem, go there. Beware of HomeFusion. It has been a nightmare for us, has affected our ability to work at home, and as of April 25, 2014, is extremely flawed and is being used to gouge money out of loyal Verizon customers.

Highlighted

Blazey
Miembro

I've had Home Confusion for at least 6 months.  I too was seeing strange data usage in the first two months which I inquired about.  Of course as we've all heard from VZW is must be our fault.  Your computers or devices must be updating software or you're watching too many high def videos or downloading too many songs.  Trouble is I try to never watch youtube videos or download any music.  I don't even check email at home.  I make sure none of our phones are set to wifi.  I did find out FaceBook can eat data when pictures or videos download to your page so I limit my time there too.  Still I can't figure out some of the data charges.  And If I'm paying this much money per month, why should I have limits?

Also I get drop outs as others have mentioned.  It will just freeze the screen for a bit then go on.  I've also had it just shut down for the nominal 15 minutes or so before I can log back in.  At least I know others are having the same issues.

The reason I tried HF is the satellite internet I was using cost $80 a month.  I am in a somewhat rural area and can finally get DSL but only up to 1.5 gig which is still a bit slow for streaming video.  It is by far the cheapest solution and I may go to that.  HF is of course very fast at downloads (I've had up to 49Gb download and 9Gb upload) but the data caps are killer.  I have a 10 Gb plan and even though I watch it religiously I've had it go over twice now.  While HF is about $30 cheaper a month than my old satellite plan I am at the point I need to make a decision.

I agree most reps don't understand HF although I've found one that seemed to be well versed.  She reset my can to point to the nearest tower which really boosted my signal.  Does this happen often?  Maybe.  Still this is a costly solution even if the speeds are great. 

Highlighted

GinaDS
Miembro

Duplicate content in post - please see:

Re: Verizon please release a Home Fusion Data Usage Tracking Tool for customers

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

staceyc0727
Miembro

I have had same issue for months.. Since i changed from mifi to fusion.. Last wk we unplugged services from weds thru sun& had 8gb overage??!!!! I just canceled! Hope u have found resolution as ur post is from jan

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

staceyc0727
Miembro

I love how all the pro verizon users are anonymous?! Not obvious ya all work for them! A customer posting positive feedback would not be afraid to list their user name.. Lol

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

staceyc0727 wrote:

I love how all the pro verizon users are anonymous?!

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. The user id for the user to which you responded to is anonymouss. Not sure how that is any less descriptive than your user id of staceyc0727. Neither of those id's have any meaning to me or anyone else on these boards I would think.