wifi data usage increased without changing our usage habits?
h71857

After months and months of getting charged massive overage fees (in the 4-5 GB OVER the 5 GB limit) for data on our two devices that go thru the verizon mifi device for internet, we tried out a competitor's product for the month of May.

We made an effort to  actually  use the wifi MORE than we did with verizon just to test it...    Now their data measurement counter showed that after using it the entire month of May, we have used less than 6 GB of data. And that sounds right!

If you don't think verizon is ripping off customers with their data usage 'estimates' and charges then you are dead wrong. Try something else and you'll see, they're screwing you  ------------------------  so WE ARE GONE Verizon!

Branched post from - What might cause my wifi data usage to double when we have not changed our usage habits? as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: wifi data usage increased without changing our usage habits?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello h71857,

We are proud to offer the best wireless data services in the world to our customers. Such services goes beyond speed. It also includes the quality of the videos that are viewed, the clarity in the audio files that are listened to, and the rich colors of the pictures and other media that are enjoyed. While in some cases the usage behavior may not have changed but the quality of the service has increased ten fold. This enhanced quality is one of the primary reasons for more data usage when the usage patterns have not changed. To confim, simply compare the quality of any YouTube video on a 3g device versus a 4Gg device. If you would like me to assist in verify the usage then send me a private message so we can begin.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes