when will mobile data work? phone shows in 4g coverage, but says i'm offline, no mobile data.
rufus1969

This is rediculous.  I pay for mobile data AND 4G and can't use either.  I rarely get 4G signal and, according to map, I'm in best coverage.  I also can't get mobile data, only works on wifi.  Why the hell can I be charged for services I can't use?? even legal to sell me something knowing it's not usable?  Been on hold for tech support for an hour so far.  NOT acceptable.  I can' get texts, online, etc....if I wanted just to make a phone call, I'd go back to 1991.  or I'd have a dumb phone and not pay for data.    PLEASE FIX!

My contract also states visual voicemail is included, but never has worked.  get errors visual voicemail not compatible with my voicemail plan. WTF?  customer support escalated ticket over a month ago, no response. still not working.  VERY UNHAPPY new customer that can't believe I'm saying this, but miss Sprint and will switch back this week if not resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when will mobile data work? phone shows in 4g coverage, but says i'm offline, no mobile data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am certainly sorry to hear that this happened with your phone especially since safe mode is basically just putting your device in a minimal status but shouldn't have erased anything. If you have Prepaid service, the customer service center at 888-294-6804 would be able to assist with troubleshooting the device and accessing the account to figure out why this is happening as well as offer a resolution that would resolve all concerns for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience but contacting Prepaid over the phone would be the way to take care of everything for you.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: when will mobile data work? phone shows in 4g coverage, but says i'm offline, no mobile data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rufus1969,

Hearing about your troubles with mobile data is alarming and we are here to help get it up and running. Which make/model phone do you have and what zip code are you in? Are these issues only happening in one area such as your home or in other areas as well? Once we get your mobile data working we'll be happy to also investigate into your visual voicemail with you.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rufus1969

Which make/model phone do you have and what zip code are you in?

LG Lucid 3 (4G phone) and I live in 30328. Bought phone new (not refurb) from Verizon store just over a month ago.

Are these issues only happening in one area such as your home or in other areas as well?

Everywhere. I have been an hour south and north east of where I live, nothing. I tried in zip 30326, 30342, 30341, 30519, 30313, 30338 and a few other areas. nothing. The first month with phone (i'm only on 2nd month with verizon) I had issues about 60% of the time, however, last few days, 100% of time, regardless of where I am. Internet says I'm offline if not using wifi. texts delayed (maybe not received, don't know). At home and in surrounding area, 4G only shows about 50% of the time, 3G other 50%.

What is more odd is, phone shows in 4g one minute and sitting still, will go from 3bars of 4G to 1-2bars 3G sitting still.

Tried calling tech support last night. hit all the prompts to get to tech support. got a person after 20 min who couldn't help as all they asked was if I rebooted. said they would transfer me to tech support. Um, that's the prompts I hit, goodness. So, that person transfered me and after 40 min on hold, i had to hang up. CRAZY wait time.

Once we get your mobile data working we'll be happy to also investigate into your visual voicemail with you.

much appreciated. I was on with tech support for almost an hour last month, did many factory resets (which I hate since I have to reinstall all my stuff AND my certificate for work emails, etc), and never got working. Was told escalated and been just over a month, no response. Smiley Sad

thanks!

k

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing this information rufus1969. We will definitely work to get the bottom of this issue for you so that you can begin to use your phone without the headache. At this point I don't want to put you through the headache of another reset but I would like to have you power up the device in safe mode. This will allow us to see if the issue is being caused by an application of some kind. Try these steps http://vz.to/1v4YUDa and then try accessing the internet to see if the situation improves. Keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
rufus1969

That didn't work. Still shows I'm offline. It did take me out of 4G and down to 3G while in safe mode. I have never had more than 2-3 bars of 4g or 3g coverage, and I am in 'excellent' coverage according to your maps.

Also, the safe mode freaking lost all my settings. when it didn't work and I rebooted, I have to now have IT reset my cert password as I no longer can get my work email. it wiped out all settings in mail and other apps. Would have been nice to know this and should be in instructions as now I can't work tonight and have to wait til tomorrow to hope to get my email back.

I'm SOOOO not happy. I see in the forums that MANY prepaid customers can't get mobile data. Why is my phone not provisioned like contract customers????

Please help! this is not acceptable and I will have to switch carriers and get refunded for my money paid for data unused and for the month since I haven't been able to use data since billing cycle. I will also need to get refunded for the phone I had to buy last month and pay full price for.

I am giving Verizon until the weekend to resolve this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am certainly sorry to hear that this happened with your phone especially since safe mode is basically just putting your device in a minimal status but shouldn't have erased anything. If you have Prepaid service, the customer service center at 888-294-6804 would be able to assist with troubleshooting the device and accessing the account to figure out why this is happening as well as offer a resolution that would resolve all concerns for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience but contacting Prepaid over the phone would be the way to take care of everything for you.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
rufus1969

Thanks. Does stink it wiped out all passwords from all accounts and I have to have the cert for mail reissued at work.

However, the prepaid phone support isn't helpful. They never could get my voicemail configured properly and I don't have hours at a time to be on hold.

Last night was an hour. Today I tried for 30 min, never got a person. First week with Verizon, was on hold for an hour and then on the phone for 2 hours, with zero results (3 hours totally wasted of my day). Tried again another week in, gave up trying to get a human after about 45 minutes.

NOBODY should be on hold that long each time trying to reach a person. Just tells me how crappy service must be if that many people are calling tech support and wait times are over an hour, regardless of what time of day I call!

I only was prepaid to test to make sure service was good before getting into a contract and good thing I did. I'd hate to have to have Verizon for 2 full years! This is total silliness that tech support is lesser quality for prepaid. My $65 bill is about same price as contract PLUS I had to pay full price for a phone.

I understand it's not you, its the company you work for, please don't take this personally, but imagine how you would feel in my shoes. I'm out several hundred dollars with no ability to use the service and product your company sold me. Not to mention all the wasted hours on hold.

have a good night and thanks for attempting to help. Just happy Verizon showed it's true colors before I signed a contract.

0 Likes