when is a family plan not a family plan?
loupe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a former Alltel customer who was switched to Verizon in the takeover.  In that switch I was told that I would be able to keep my plan for as long as I wished.  I had a family plan which allowed me to add lines up to some number.  Last spring my wife and I upgraded to smartphones on our lines, no problem, just an extra data charge.  Then we tried to add a line for my son.  Not possible.  I was told by sales that the only way to do this was to drop the Alltel family plan for a Verizon plan which offered less.  After all we weren’t using all our minutes anyway, so no loss.  So unhappily we did this. 

A few months later I had a huge bill since my business picked up.  Having sticker shock, I spoke with customer service and told them the story. My earlier plan would have covered the overage minutes, so I wasn’t happy.  I spoke to a CS supervisor who told me that I didn’t have to change my plan as the sales people told me.  I paid a portion of the overage, but she was able to reinstitute my earlier family plan.

Now I am there again. This time I am trying to add a phone for my daughter.  The sales people tell me that I can’t do it under my current family plan.  I will need to switch to a current Verizon plan. HELP!  Unfortunately I don’t have the contact info for the CS supervisor that dealt with me last time, because all I have gotten is the same line from everyone else.  I asked to speak to a CS supervisor and was told that they would need to call me back. I received several calls from Verizon while I was busy and when I called back immediately, the number was “disconnected.”

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: when is a family plan not a family plan?
budone
Legend

You need to call and ask for an Alltel converted Rep. I directed someone else in the same situation and they were able to add the line.

Re: when is a family plan not a family plan?
loupe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks I'll try this.

0 Likes