when can I cancel the month to month line of the family plan
gsun

I have two lines in my family plan, one contract is expiring on Dec 2nd and the other line is month to month now. can I cancel the month-to-month line any time now? or I have to wait to Dec 2nd when the other line expires?thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when can I cancel the month to month line of the family plan
Snn5
Legend

If you are cancelling a line you no longer need, then you might need to change plans to pay less for less needed data or min/text.  But no, your current plan will not change because of a cancelled line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can cancel a month to month line at anytime.  If you are not under contract on that line then no ETF will be assessed.  However, if there are any balances owed on devices for that line, they must be paid in full at the time of cancellation.

0 Likes
gsun

Thanks,Snn5,

How that will affect my current minutes/data plan, which will not expire until Dec? SHould I change to some other plan?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You did not say what plan you are on, but I will assume it is the More Everything Plan. Cancelling a line out of contract (month to month) will not affect your account in any other way. Your minutes/texts/data amounts all stay the same. You can change these amounts at anytime, regardless if you are in contract are out of contract.

You state the plan expires in December. That does not quite make sense. The individual lines are each under contracts or month to month, but the plan itself does not have a contract or expiration date. I am not sure what you mean happens in December.

0 Likes
gsun

It's the original verizon family plan( we are on this for 7 years), not More Everything Plan. When I check the "view contract end date",one line shows "Contract End Date:12/02/2015", while the other line shows "Contract End Date:Month To Month"

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you are cancelling a line you no longer need, then you might need to change plans to pay less for less needed data or min/text.  But no, your current plan will not change because of a cancelled line.

0 Likes