what is this???
tylerward1

Ok so i have had my iphone for about 5 months, i added my brother to my account and got a everything shared thing. with unlimited text and caling and 8gb of data. are bill is suppose to be 170$ a month. my bill says 897$ and it says that another line has been added?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: what is this???
ritsbits1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is this your first invoice since adding the line?

What plan were you on prior to the change?

Does your bill show a plan change made in the middle of a bill cycle or is it at the beginning/end?

Your brother's line was likely added in the middle of a bill cycle, and I wager your plan change also subsequently was in the middle of a bill cycle. Aside from the 35$ activation fee for your brother's line, you also would have been charged at a prorated time frame for you brothers line and yours for the new plan. Even with this in mind your bill probably wouldn't have exceeded 300 even if the prorated timeframe was larger.

If I had to guess, the plan you were on beforehand probably had an allowance. Whether it was your minutes or data - and the proration for your new plan AND your old plan resulted in overages.

Basically, leading up to the day you added your brother's line - lets say 10 days into your bill cycle that is normally a 30 day period - you were charged 1/3 the cost of your old plan and 2/3 the cost of your new plan. However, your allowances are also prorated. If you used over 1/3 of that allowance when you made the plan change on the 10th day of your bill cycle, you just created overages that otherwise would not have existed.

I'm hoping this is not the case, as it's something your agent should be looking out for when changes are made.

Review your bill and see if that sounds right.

Re: what is this???
tylerward1

Thank you for your reply, I found out it was a old

Phone number we had tried to use and they accidently added the old number to

My account which made it have to early determination fee so that is why it is outstandingly high it will be all fixed up when I cost to pay my

Bill!

And again thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes