voicemail change of Nov 18 2016
BALLROOMBUDDIES

Returned from trip on Nov 19.  Phone indicated I had messages.  Upon trying to access, I had to set up new voicemail system.  Since then, I cannot access old (prior to Nov 18) voicemails.  I have followed instructions to the tee, but apparently old voicemails are now gone!  How can I access these old voicemails?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voicemail change of Nov 18 2016
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Losing voice mail messages are no fun BALLROOMBUDDIES .If you had to set up a new voice mail , your old messages are no longer in the system. They would have needed to be saved prior to you setting up the new phone. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BALLROOMBUDDIES

This is very unsatisfactory.  We were in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

on a month-long cruise when you e-mailed to tell us you were changing

the system but that we would still be able to access our messages.  We

came home Nov. 19, followed the instructions in your e-mail and

NOTHING.    We are very unhappy with this procedure that did not

consider your customers at all.

Karen [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sad to learn of your experience. We realize you may have some important messages. There was a window of 2 weeks once the migration took place. How long has it been since you attempted to set up a new voicemail account. We would like to see if we can get back those messages. DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BALLROOMBUDDIES

We set up the new voicemal account on Nov 19, when we returned from our

month long vacation.  Can you help us now?

John

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

This is such a crock!  I never received an email regarding my voicemail, but I can no longer access it, nor can anyone leave me voicemail.  I've had Verizon for more than 15 years, and have always had voicemail. Now it just suddenly stopped working. Callers get the message that "User has a voicemail account that hasn't been set up yet".  Are you kidding me?