verizon support & protection app
engnm

Verizon support & protection app is not working. after opening the app and agreeing to terms and conditions the app gives "internal error accessing data" how do fix this problem it occurs both on wifi and in data mode (g4)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon support & protection app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry engnm. I would love to help with this application. Let's get this up and running. Have you tried to remove the application and re downloading it?

Are you able to use other applications?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chatt003

I am experiencing the same issue (Verizon Galaxy S4, Android version 5.0.1). I have disabled/enabled the app, uninstalled/installed updates, rebooted the phone, enabled the app as a phone administrator, tried over WiFi & broadband...all multiple times, and all with the same result: "Internal error accessing data. Please try again later."

This seems to be frequent problem, and none of the Verizon Support suggestions appear to help (disable/enable, uninstall/install, reboot, enable as administrator).

Hard-resetting to factory default is not a realistic option.

I suggest there is something wrong with the app not the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is working properly, chatt003. Let's look into this. We see that one process that has resolved this issue is to do a Factory Data Reset. Please complete this and let us know if the problem consists.

Tabitha_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chatt003

I'll repeat: Factory reset is NOT a viable option. If an app requires users to factory reset, there is something seriously wrong with the app. Consider this as informational feedback for Verizon Support. You need to look into this and resolve it on your own. I will use competitor's antivirus product until such time as this this issue has been resolved.

0 Likes