verizon sent phone to wrong address, won't refund my money
feet

i went in for a replacement phone and they sent it to my old address, though i had moved, updated my records and had been receiving bills at my new address for six months.  obviously, i never got that phone.  after a few weeks, i went back into the store, realized their mistake and they sent out another phone. 

then i came to find they took the full price for the 1st phone out of my account (i have auto pay set up).  four phone calls and an in store visit have solved nothing.  never gotten a single call back from their "supervisors" as i had been promised so many times.  one agent even suggested that i had stolen and sold the first phone, the rest were kind but useless.

i'm ready to cancel everything and walk.  i'll probably take my parents, brother, girlfriend and her mom's accounts with me.  any ideas?  what steps should i take?  is there someone useful i can talk to?  addresses i can write to?  i want my money back, and i intend to get it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon sent phone to wrong address, won't refund my money
budone
Legend

Not to be mean, but ya never noticed until a few weeks later your replacement phone had not arrived in the normal 5 days and ya did not notice the big hit on your checking or credit card for the phone???

Feel we are missing some pertinent info here.

0 Likes
feet

no, i noticed.  i waited, gave it a few extra days, then went back into the store.  that's when they told me the replacement phone (still under warranty) automatically gets shipped to the address on file at the time the contract started, not the current address.  i had been receiving my statements at my new address for about six months by this time.  realizing their mistake, they authorized a second phone to be sent out.  that one arrived and i returned the defective phone.  no idea what happened to the first one- never saw it, never heard anything about it.  this was back in april.  the cash dissappeared from my account this past weekend. 

i had called when i saw the massive charge on my bill and i was told that i was right and it wasn't my fault and they'd take care of it and no need to worry and so on and so forth.  then they took the money anyway.  i called three more times and got the same story each time, except for the one guy who blamed it on me and tacitly accused me of stealing the first one.  still waiting on that manager's call.  its been a few weeks now.  they have the number.

0 Likes
feet

no word from verizon yet.  any ideas, anyone?  i'd like to be a little more informed before i call yet again.  thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
feet

update:

instead of continuing to bother with phone calls, i logged into my account and sent an email from there (my verizon or whatever, where you can see your bill and all that).  i was polite and through, explaining the entire situation, including dates and the number of times i've already called.  i got a phone call (and later that day an email, because i didn't pick up) response with a resolution the very next day.  they agreed with me and would credit me in a few days.

after waiting around for my money to show up for about 5 days i was starting to think something was amiss.  then i logged on to my verizon and noticed that i had a $450 credit to my account.  not exactly what i was hoping for because they took the money out of my credit card, so i have to repay that and the interest.  so i shot them an email about that and i'm waiting for a response.  i'm glad that i (technically) "won", but this wasn't what i was after.  yay?

moral of the story: don't bother calling.  just send them an email from your my verizon page.

0 Likes
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could also dispute the charge directly with the credit card company. If they agree to the chargeback, Verizon would likely pull the $450 credit they applied to your account but it sounds like that's what you want anyway.

0 Likes
feet

new update!

they said, long story short, that they'd be glad to refund the money to my credit card, but i'll have to wait until the middle of next month, because my billing cycle has to end, and then it has to be reviewed, and it takes a few days after that and so forth.

i considered doing a chargeback, but i didn't want to "go nuclear".  but i don't want to pay interest on it, either.  is that all that's left for me now?

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

do a chargeback. take it with your credit card company.

0 Likes