verizon doesn't care about customers since 1984.
MOOKOD
Enthusiast - Level 1

what a joke

Labels (1)
Re: verizon doesn't care about customers since 1984.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless did not exist back in 1984. Neither did Verizon as an actual company, though the individual components that eventually combined to form modern day Verizon did.

The breakup of the Bell System produced both good and bad results. Post divestiture, features were made available to landlines quicker than before, and, customers were no longer required to rent their telephones.

Telephone service pricing flipped. Pre-divestiture...local dial tone was inexpensive while toll and long distance calls incurred charges. Today, dial tone is expensive while standard domestic calls are not billed.

Insofar as not caring for the customer is concerned, user experience would seem to suggest that the concept of customer service, as a whole, has slipped down a few pegs as of late. Part of that could be from the position of if someone doesn't like the service, they can leave and go with someone else. Another person will come along to fill the gap sooner or later.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calling into Customer Service to yell about charges on a monthly bill that are the result of not fully understanding what was spelled out in signed contracts/legal documents won't always yield the desired results.

0 Likes
MOOKOD
Enthusiast - Level 1

i stand corrected on the year service was established. i never raised my voice. Speaking with 7 customer care representatives and lack of management to return calls shows exactly where verizon stands on their customer service.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type of problem are you having? Is it with your phone or is it a billing problem? If it is a phone problem someone on here maybe able to help.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I didn't mean to imply that you, yourself, had yelled at Verizon Wireless customer service agents. It is not all that unusual for people to do that though...and wonder why their concerns were not addressed.

As Kathy posted, please explain what the problems are. We'll see of we can help. ☺

0 Likes