using auto correct word selections on Samsung Galaxy S3 after upgrade causes loss of current text message
hooperdh

I have been experiencing a loss of current text message randomly after selecting a word given in spell check.  Typically this occurs after I have much of a text message composed.  Most of the text message is lost and the selected appears in the middle of some word and everything disappears.  This is incredibly annoying and happens quite frequently.  This needs to be fixed or I need to understand what I can do to prevent this.  It also has happened to by sons who also use Galaxy S3.  It did not start happening until after the last update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: using auto correct word selections on Samsung Galaxy S3 after upgrade causes loss of current text message
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Re: using auto correct word selections on Samsung Galaxy S3 after upgrade causes loss of current text message
amygeekgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a fix! I found it by trial and error:

• Go to Settings
  • Select Language and Input
  • Touch the Gear next to Samsung Keyboard (mine is grayed out but still works)
  • On this settings page, touch Input Languages
  • you will notice that nothing is checked (if this is the same issue I had)
  • Check Use System Language

I went in and tested in a text message and now it just replaced the misspelled word in question.

RealJeff

The JZO54K.I535VRBMD3 update released in late May/Early June 2013 seems to have finally fixed this issue.  Naturally a few new ones were introduced, so caveat emptor, but at least autocorrect no longer wipes out giant blocks of text using the stock keyboard.

0 Likes
DrUmHeaD33
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is this new update you speak of?  I haven't seen any new update.

0 Likes