unwanted notifications
kidzdoc

For the last 2 months I have been receiving sound notifications that I'm not clear why they are continuing.  I only have selected text messaging with a default for notifications.  I have checked multiple times and have been sure that my gmail app has notifications turned off.  It appears that the notifications are related to certain emails that are included in my recent gmail messages and for some reason are posted to the notification screen.  Other recent gmails do not trigger notifications.  The problem is that they sound at all types of unwanted times like in the middle of the night.  I prefer not to turn off the sound on my phone because the signal tells me that I have an urgent message coming in. 

I have a Samsung S3 Galaxy which otherwise works well.  My Gmail is set up to receive gmail messages and forwarded comcast messages.  I haven't been able to find a place that list all active notifications.  Any ideas?

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unwanted notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted notifications can be very annoying Robert. Thanks for the details provided. Let's get some more info and explore ways to resolve. When did this notification issue start? Did you notice if issue started after installing/updating any particular application/software? What is your phone's software Build number, please? http://spr.ly/6580BHjWj

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes