unlimited plan and speed. verizon could care less
spartan17

I have an unlimited plan. I won't go into details on that, rate limited because I used the data fairly fast. Running my business from home  , have a jetpack for computer and it is on the same unlimited plan. Live with in 50 miles of NYC so its not really in the boonies,. Recently have gotten into this issue  with Verizon and a few occasions

Have gotten so many answers that are not consistent it had become confusing.

Have gone so far as to get a new sim card for the jetpack thinking it may be the weak link. now reading i am not the onnly one suffering through this.  Best answwer so far was from a tech at verizon that said get the jetpack off the unlimited plan and you will have 4 G all the time. Dont think that is going to help though as 4 g on my phone is running at 390 kbps, hardly 4g speed. These speeds have become worse in the last week a webpage will take minutes to load.

Have have told Verizon that if it does not change then i will leave them after being a 17 yr customer. Answers to that is we're sorry to hear that. No effort. they have just gotten to big. Sprint is offering to switch me and I believe I may.  And then get a cable modem or fiber is the cable company in the area offers.

Any suggestions???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unlimited plan and speed. verizon could care less
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yeah get a landline.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My husband runs his business from home too, spartan17. I know firsthand just how quick the data gets used. Long time customers like you do not come around every day so we want to make sure and present all the options we have so you’ll stay.  Now I don’t blame you for feeling let down by inconsistent answers, and let’s investigate what’s happening.

From your post you mentioned this slow speed on your phone too.  I kindly ask you to access the MyVerizon app on your device and share with the community how many GBs have been used by both the phone and Jetpack. Also to come at it from the perspective of it being the area, may I please have your zip code too?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been suggested elsewhere that Verizon Wireless's network is being taxed due to the popularity of the Unlimited plan.

If this is true, I'm not sure what...if anything...will be done given that the company is focusing on getting the next generation network installed & tested in preparation for full scale deployment within the next year or two.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

How could the network be taxed due to the unlimited plan?

0 Likes
comman

I have to agree.  From the time I switched my cellphone plan to unlimited it has been nothing but slow.  My home system is faster than this network.  If I had known this I would never have switched.  Verizon is getting so big they are losing customer focus. 

0 Likes
spartan17

07871 is the zip yes data usage blew past the unLIMITED plan RESTRICTIONS. Which i think is bogus anyway. I just used Verizons own data calculator hit the max on email , pages and photos and didn't get to the usage I am showing on the jetpack alone.So whos fooling who? This is the same thing as before when not on an unlimited plan, id get an email that i hit plan usage and needed to upgrade.   phone is switching constantly now from 4g lte to 3G. Have been told i should use the phone as it has its own data. When i do its just as slow. 

phone is shown LTE mode and Fast.com is giving me readings of 710 Kbps computeron jetpack reading 91 Kbps , units are side by side.

Yes i will threaten to leave and yes I am in conversations with attorney regarding a class action suit for  promoting the unlimited plan without having the proper infrastructure in place to accommodate the influx.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your zip code with us today, spartan17. We definitely don’t want to see you leave us after so many loyal years. We’re not showing any reported outages in the area. The data calculator online is only intended for estimating the right plan for your needs, and will give a general idea of what usage one can expect within those parameters. If you have exceeded your 10GB of LTE data on your jetpack, it is normal to see reduced speeds as you would have unlimited 3G speeds for the month. If you have exceeded 22GB of data on your smartphone, and if you’re connected to a congested cell site, you can see reduced speeds as well, due to prioritization. Let’s take a closer look at this together. Please respond to the private message I have sent you.  JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

comman wrote:

My home system is faster than this network. If I had known this I would never have switched.

Your home internet should be faster than mobile data.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

By taxed, it is meant to say that the network is loading up due to users consuming more data.. When users who have the Unlimited are experiencing slowdown even when they are below the softcaps, it portends to congestion.

0 Likes