unlimited grandfathering to 4G
keastes
Enthusiast - Level 2

just wondering if any one knows if (keeping in mind the "no subsidized upgrades" rule) i upgrade my current phone (motorola A855 a.k.a. OG Droid) to say a Samsung galaxy SIII, assuming i pick up the phone entirely out of my own pocket, will my unlimited data plan apply to LTE, or will I have to grab a tiered data plan as well?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unlimited grandfathering to 4G
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

unlimited should apply,as your not doing anything to your contract

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Not sure of that mdram. Going to a 4G device means a code change for data.... That may force them to choose a tiered plan

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It went threw on mine Budone i went from my Droid X to my Razr Maxx witch is 4G but i maid the change before the 28th of June but if the Op is Doing the hole thing out of Pocket he should be able to Role the Dice and Move into the new Phone but i would Go to the Local Corp Store and seek out a Manager and ask the Question..

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Before June 28th is key.... I am not sure, but believe they will have to choose a new plan.
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The way I read this, no they won't:

"I'm a current Verizon customer with a 3G phone, but I need faster data downloads. Do I have to go to the new Share EverythingSM Plan if I upgrade to a 4G phone?

No, you aren’t required to switch to the Share Everything Plan, even when upgrading your device.

However, if you currently have an unlimited data plan, you won’t be able to keep it if you upgrade at a discounted price. You can choose from a plan with a standalone data package or the Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited data is important to you, you have the option to pay full retail price for a new phone."

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Calling%20Plans/share_everything.html

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Thanks for the link!  Let's hope the CSR who told a customer they can bring their TM phone over and use it , did not write the FAQ
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or the one who told someone to pull the battery on their Razr Maxx

0 Likes
keastes
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the link, i think short of an actual CSR its the best answer, and really i could care less about download speeds, but any new phone i get is going to have LTE and i dont even live within 100 miles of an LTE cell.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you're welcome; good luck!

0 Likes