unHappy Camper!!
nicyazz

I have been a verizon customer for almost 10 years! And I love Verizon's cell service, but the customer service is not to be desired. I don't care who you talk to you will get a different answer every time for the same question! Ridiculous! And god forbid if you ever want to talk to a manager, they must be non-existent, becuase they will transfer you to 10 different people and keep you on hold forever hoping that you hang up. This is horrible customer service, and I will tell anyone that listens that!

I currently have the family plan with four active phone lines, so thats a pretty penny spent every month, not to mention how much I spend a year for cell phone service. I have come to expect that with my loyalty to Verizon and my monthly, yearly contribution to Verizon I expect to be treated better. No Verizon is just as bad as Wal-Mart, making you jump through hoops, and talk to 15 different people to get a $25 credit. I would hope that Verizon strives to be like the Nordstroms or Costco's of the world, but obviously feel that such status or resemblence is not needed.

My reason for this disgruntled post is this: Back in December 2014-January 2015, I added another line to my account. This line is my boyfriend's who previously was with Sprint, and hated their service or lack of. He couldn't even get cell service in our home, and calls would drop constantly. I told him how great Verizon was and how I never had any issues with the service. He thought about it for a while and adding another line was more economical than opening a new account. So we went to Verizon and they said no problem adding the line to the account, and that we would also get $150 credit for switching from Sprint. Well of course all is not that easy when Verizon gives money back, and according to whichever customer service rep who decideds to tell us yes we should be getting the credit. Long story short we never received the credit. Gripe # 1.

Gripe #2: (July-Aug 2015) I broke my old iPhone 4 completely, not even able to turn it on. I was in desperate need of a new phone so I saw that I was eligible to order a new phone through the Edge program. This was perfect. Even though I would pay a little more in the long run, I really needed a phone. Well of course too good to be true. The initial rep that did my order did it incorrectly, and I was told I would not need to return my damaged phone as it was not useable. I then get text messages and emails stating that I need to return my phone or I would incur a $299 fee. I immediately contact Verizion and was told that my current new phone (iPhone 5s) would need to be returned and they would send me another iPhone 5s. Something about the serial numbers and the edge program, I specifically asked if they would need me to return the broken iPhone 4, I was told no. So imagine my surpise as I am looking at my current bill for Sept/October, that shows I owe $299 for an unreturned merchandise. This would be the damaged iPhone 4.The balance due makes it impossible for me to upgrade another line that is due until this balance due is cleared up. After spending approx 1 hour this mornning with the usual 3-4 customer service reps it was finally determined that I would have to return the broken/damaged iPhone 4 and then the balance due would go away. I highly doubt this will happen. Since I was on the phone so long I thought I would inquire about the $150 credit we were suppose to receive 8 months ago. The 3rd customer service rep (bless her heart) said the most she could offer me was $25. She also said the reason we havent received the credit was because the number we ported from Sprint was actually a Verizon number, so thus not eligible, and also because we purchased the phone (iPhone 6) through a contract meaning we paid $200 upfront and then signed up for 2 years versus paying monthly for the phone. (the monthly option was never offered at time of purchase). The number was originally a Verizon number, but 5-6 years ago he got a better deal so he switched to Sprint. After all is said and done, I still have $299 owing on my bill and we never received $150 credit. I was so frustrated and angry after this morning dealing with of course multiple customer service people I just gave up. I hate to say that I have gotten to the point where I have 2 phone lines ending their contract soon and I do not think we will be purchasing any new phones or extending any contracts with Verizon. I am willing to take getting phone service with AT&T to be appreciated as a long term valuable customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes