they took the charge off for useing your credit card but did you know they charge $3 for cash payment
luckytaz26

does anyone know that thay charge $3 every time you pay cash that is a rip off i started with a cell phone 20 years ago and it was 19.99 but know thw bill is almost 200 dallors when does it stop with corprate greed?????? anyone have a opion????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: they took the charge off for useing your credit card but did you know they charge $3 for cash payment
rschnoor
Enthusiast - Level 3

luckytaz26 wrote:

i started with a cell phone 20 years ago and it was 19.99 but know thw bill is almost 200 dallors when does it stop with corprate greed?????? anyone have a opion????

I think you are leaving a LOT out of this message. That bill from 20 yrs ago probably was only for 1 line, included NO minutes(you probably paid at least $0.30/minute for calling maybe more plus long distance) OR data. With you current bill of almost $200, it looks as if you have multiple lines, you DO have minutes, long distance is included, and you have 3G or 4G data(neither of which were available 20 years ago). You can't really compare your bill of $20 to your current bill. They are not the same thing.

If you want to make a comparison, 1 individual line(which includes 450 minutes AND long distance) will run you $39.99/month. This same line with 450 minutes(from 20 years ago) would have run you $20(line charge) + $135 for calling minutes + any long distance you may have had.

You can't compare smartphones such as BB, Android, iPhone, etc... because THEY WERE NOT AVAILABLE. The oldest technology, BB, wasn't available until 13 years ago!

0 Likes
Re: they took the charge off for useing your credit card but did you know they charge $3 for cash payment
budone
Legend

Yeah...... That Mustang in 1965 was $3000, now it is nearly $40000 (More if ya get that awesome Shelby) What the heck!       Ford is such a rip off just like VZW!  Sheez 

AZSALUKI
Legend

luckytaz26 wrote:

does anyone know that thay charge $3 every time you pay cash that is a rip off i started with a cell phone 20 years ago and it was 19.99 but know thw bill is almost 200 dallors when does it stop with corprate greed?????? anyone have a opion????

nobody want's to deal with cash. i wasn't even aware you could pay with cash?

0 Likes
tojeza
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know about where you are, but when Verizon bought out our local cell company in the mid 90s, they offered a plan here where you could get three phones, three lines of service, and 300 minutes for 34.99 a month. This didn't include long distance, but it was still cheaper to call long distance on the cell phone than it was on the home phone Granted this was back when analog service was the norm and digital was not rolled out yet. 

I was on this plan for two years before I decided I didn't need three lines of service any more.

0 Likes
they took the charge off for useing your credit card but did you know they charge $3 for cash payment
luckytaz26

a lot of people still use cash have you ever had your bank account hacked into??????? its called being safe you dont get the picture if you take the charge off for debit and charge card why is there a charge for using cash yet think about it!!!

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

luckytaz26 wrote:

a lot of people still use cash have you ever had your bank account hacked into??????? its called being safe you dont get the picture if you take the charge off for debit and charge card why is there a charge for using cash yet think about it!!!

There's a charge for cash because it costs Verizon additional money to process your payment that way.  Unlike using a payment kiosk, online, or phone-based option with an account number or credit/debit card, a paid employee has to handle your money, give you a receipt, and then Verizon has to spend additional money transporting that cash to a bank. 

If you've had issues with the security of your bank account in the past, I would recommend getting a credit or debit card that allows you to generate new card numbers specifically for online purchases, then limit the amount the can be charged on that number to a little more than the amount of your bill each month.  If it is ever stolen, not only will it be worthless, but it can easily be disposed of and replaced.  Citibank offers this service, and I'm sure other banks do as well.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

luckytaz26 wrote:

Hello and thanks to all Community Members that have commented and offered insight into this matter! Luckytaz26, I'm very eager to address your concerns about bing charged a $3 cash payment fee. Be advised that Verizon Wireless does not charge a fee for making payments in any form. I believe that the fee you were charged was the result of paying your bill through an authorized dealer. These dealers are independent of Verizon Wireless, and therefore have the option to charge fees for some services. If you prefer not to pay the fee, I recommend making your payments at a location that doesn't assess this fee or to Verizon Wireless directly. If you share your city and state, I can give you a list of payment centers in your area or you can use our store locator! Thanks!