text plan question
brittaf

Hi,

I have an LG EV3 that was purchased prior to when data plans were required when getting this model phone.  I had all non text related multimedia activity/web surfing etc shut off because I kept getting charged for things that I wasn't intending to use.  Right now I would like to turn on the internet capabilities on my phone for a brief period of time.  Is pay as you go MB for data access no longer an option?  If I add the $9.99 package that gives me 25MB Data & Web with Mobile Email and then want to remove it later on, am I going to run into any issues?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text plan question
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

An employee can confirm or correct me if I give you wrong info - we also have 2 Env3 phones that were put on our account before data was mandatory, and I currently have web access blocked.

My understanding is that if you unblock web access (go to your account at MyVerizon, Safeguards, Service Blocks, and uncheck the blocks as needed) you will be charged data at $1.99/mb (Pay as you go rate).  No need to "add" a data plan, you are already on the PAYG, which is now grandfathered in for Env3's purchased and activated prior to Jan. 18, 2010.  IF you add the $9.99 data pak, you WILL NOT be able to remove it, so my advice is just to unblock your web access and see what your usage is going to be.

if you find yourself going over 5 MB usage, consistently, it may be worthwhile to go for the $9.99,  If you only need limited access briefly, just enable web access, use what you need, then enable the block(s) again.  You don't need to change your plan at all, as you are already on the PAYG option.

HTH, and that I have my information correct.

0 Likes