terrible customer service seems to be key theme of this forum
radelster
Enthusiast - Level 2

glance down the subjects... and yes, it persisits.

First of July, I had place my 20something trouble call.   Another network engineer will come to my neighborhood to see if they can determine why I keep dropping 4g coverage... even in my backyard.   The rep tells me - THEY WILL COME TO YOUR DOOR!

never happened, but they did their 'check' and found no issues.

Called back on the 26th, spend OVER AN HOUR, level 2 tech agrees to offer me choice of razr maxx hd or droid xna as warranty replacement.   I tell him I need to research both and he says he will EMAIL me, and when I'm ready, I can reply to the email.

Monday morning... no email... nothing, so I call again.

Get tech who wants to start my entire troubleshooting process over.  I say no.

tell him to look at the notes... he says I CANNOT FIND ANY NOTES ON THIS... but then says he will contact that rep ?????

I ask for a manager, and get Jessica... who patronizes me, and also, she wants to start everything over.    After realizing I am getting nowhere, I HANG UP... and she then calls me back, thinking we got disconnected (I guess because during most of the call, I could not understand much of what she was saying!).

I tell her I will call back and get someone who can help me.

I then get Robin, who again, wants to start everything over, because she does not have access to the trouble tickets????

She then goes to check inventory on the Razr Maxx HD, and does the warranty claim on it.

Why does it take 1 1/2 hours, multiple lies, and having to cuss people out and hang up on them.... before you can get someone to HONOR THEIR WORD???

Robin, a 1st line customer service rep, could do in 10 minutes, what Jessica was UNWILLING to do in 20 minutes.

Just another in the line of unhappy verizon customers....

Labels (1)
Re: terrible customer service seems to be key theme of this forum
Not applicable

I cannot say for all cases that arrise on customer support, but often times you are dealing with people making minimum wage, working in offices or cubicles not designed for a relaxing session with a customer and although not an expert on every single issue with verizon and every single phone that is on their service it can be hit or miss on getting your issue solved.

In many corporate structures front line customer service simply does not have the ability to fully switch out your phone, issue a refund over a certain amount, turn your device back on if your service is shut down for non payments or missapplied payments etc.

Many times after trial and error you will actually get a person who cares, because they hope they get that same time and attention if they should ever need it. A pity really but its this way with any large corporation today. When they start losing hufe numbers of customers then they cone out with press releases saying how sorry they were for dropping the ball, and promise to do better. But don't you believe them.

0 Likes