store service
ratmore

I entered a Verizon Wireless store tonight at 815 pm to upgrade my phone. The rep at the door took my name and said it would be about an hour until I could get service. Since it's a busy Friday night I expected that. There is a tgi fridays less than 100 feet away so I went to sit down at their bar since all the seats at Verizon were taken. I left the store at 823 exactly since I pointed it out to my bf and said let's be back at in 40 minutes just in case. We returned to the store at 902 and upon entering were told that we were already called and the best they could do was put me back on the list at the bottom. The rep said that there was nothing he could do. I asked if he could put me back on near the top since I had already waited 40 minutes and he said no. Now I'm standing here waiting again.... I'm pissed the f off. I came in here knowing exactly what I want to buy. A Verizon customer since 2003 and I am questioning why I am still a customer. Such terrible service. I am out of contract and was only going here out of loyalty. What's the point of being loyal to a company that doesn't appreciate its customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: store service
ratmore

This is the lake grove,ny smith haven mall store

0 Likes
ratmore

I was just informed by another waiting customer that when my name was called they did a rapid fire roll call just calling out names after a handful of people left the store. And my name was included in that "mass exodus" as the store guy called it. She said that she noticed me when I came back in and heard what the guy here told me and wanted to yell out to me because it apparently had happened only a couple of minutes ago. Ps I've now been back to the store for about an hour so nearly two hours waiting

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I understand that an hour is a long time to wait but you left the store. The time is only an estimate. When they're signing people in they can see the wait time of all of the people in queue. If the top on (next in line) is at an hour they can tell you that but that doesn't mean it will be exactly that. Sometimes that hour can be 25 minutes as others in between have left. They don't have time to wait around for you to come back. Also, if I was in line after you and and waited around the store and you came back AFTER your name was called and then was put it ahead of me I would be livid. If it was that important to you to get a new phone you would have waited instead of going to the bar at Friday's where you cannot possibly hear you name called at the VZW store.

LLBeanDip
Enthusiast - Level 2

sprmankalel,

You are proving to be quite the customer service Neanderthal.  Of course they won't wait, but a good customer service rep would have pushed her to the top.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ratmore,

I apologize for the wait time. I know the past few weeks have been busy since the iPhone was released. I understand is valuable and we want to respect our customers' time. Since you left the store and your name was called as soon as someone was available, the representative had to assist the next person waiting for service, who was in store. Once that happens, we want to respect the order in which customers sign in for service and remained in the store. I apologize for the inconvenience.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Not applicable

LLBeanDip wrote:

sprmankalel,

You are proving to be quite the customer service Neanderthal.  Of course they won't wait, but a good customer service rep would have pushed her to the top.

Why would they have to push them to the top?

I go into a bank and the line is long, I get out of line to get a coffee next door at the sandwich shop.

Now in the time "I left the bank" the line moved fast and my original spot in line is now past. Do I have a right to jump to the head of the line on returning because I walked out to buy a coffee? No, I left the line so I gave up that place. Nothing to do with good customer service involved.

You move your feet you lose your seat is the old addage. And I now go to the back of the line for an action I took.

That is called common sense.

LLBeanDip
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apples and Oranges, Elector.  In this case, the line is the sign-in sheet, not an actual queue.  Good try though!

0 Likes
Not applicable

It makes no difference if its a sign in sheet or just walking in off the street. The situation is the same.

You leave the line/que you lose your right to get service.

Having your name on a waiting list does not negate you having to actually be there when your name or number is called. You left period.

It is then not fair to others because you wanted a soda pop and hot dog next door and come back and expect to jump to the head of the line.

Nice try on your part!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

LLBeanDip wrote:

sprmankalel,

First of all, you should NOT insult others. This is uncalled for. You, my friend are of the thought that you deserve to have everything you ask for. The world does not work that way. How would you feel if you stood in line for an hour and someone in front of you jumped out and decided that they should get ahead of you? You make no sense. Please do not pick fights over here. Don't be rude and insulting to myself or others on the forum. I don't want to have to fight with you.