stop voice mail descriptions of duration and call number
jrnycsb1

Voice mail recently started telling me the duration and call number before every voice mail message I receive.  How do I turn this off and just listen to the message without having to wait for all the info first?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: stop voice mail descriptions of duration and call number
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call in to your voicemail - Choose option 4 (Personal Options), then 2 (Administrative Options).  Under Admin options, you want 4 (Message review options), then 2 (Envelope options).  Turn them OFF and you will not hear the date, time, and phone number of messages that were left.

Hint: You don't have to listen to the entire prompt before pressing the numbers, so after you enter your password and #, you can press 4, 2, 4, 2 with a slight pause in between each number.  Then listed for the correct prompt to turn Envelope options OFF.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jrnycsb1,

We'd be happy to provide some direction in getting your voicemail setup the way you prefer. Could you share with us what model device you have?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrnycsb1

A customer service representative already took care of it. Thanks.

Chris

On Jun 29, 2014 8:51 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
filmcarp

I'd like to know the answer.  I have a motorola droid

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Filmcarp,   We'll help find the answer you're looking for. Which Droid do you have?   SarahO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call in to your voicemail - Choose option 4 (Personal Options), then 2 (Administrative Options).  Under Admin options, you want 4 (Message review options), then 2 (Envelope options).  Turn them OFF and you will not hear the date, time, and phone number of messages that were left.

Hint: You don't have to listen to the entire prompt before pressing the numbers, so after you enter your password and #, you can press 4, 2, 4, 2 with a slight pause in between each number.  Then listed for the correct prompt to turn Envelope options OFF.

0 Likes
twhite588
Enthusiast - Level 1

I press 4, then I press 2 and it says incorrect.  I have ipone 11

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Twhite588. I have located a link that may help you with making voicemail changes via the link https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250779329 . Also additional helpful links can be found at https://support.apple.com/contact .

VeronicaM_VZW

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.