share everything and employer discount
rjones125
Enthusiast - Level 1

will I still get my employer discount when I change to share everything plan?

Labels (1)
Re: share everything and employer discount
Not applicable

IF you CHOOSE to go with a Share Everything plan the discount comes of the data part.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can happily alleviate the confusion! Yes, employee discounts can be applied to a Share Everything plan. The discount will be applied to the Monthly Account Access not the Individual Line Access.  I hope this information is helpful! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.^AB

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I currently receive a 15% discount on $110 ($100 for 1400 shared minutes and unlimited text, and $9.99 my line only) for$16.50, and a 20% discount on my $29.99 BB data, for $6.00 - a nice $22.40 each month.

Would I receive 15% or 20% off the Account Access?  Either way, it's less than what I receive now, but which discount would apply?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually this may answer the question, but it is only seems to be helpful in pointing out that employee discounts will be DRASTICALLY impacted if this information is correct!

For example, on my current plan, 1400 minute Family Share Talk and Text(2 smartphones with unlimited data, 1 basic phone w/$10 data plan, 1 basic phone w/o data, 1 home phone connect), I receive an employee discount on my base amount for minutes ($70) + texting ($30) + the 1st line ($10) for a total of $110. I get a 22% discount of $24.20 off of this amount. Additionally, I get a 20% discount off of the unlimited data on one line for $6. This gives me a total discount of $30.20 off my bill. As a result of this discount, my monthly bill is $222 which comes from $190 access/feature charges and $32 in taxes/fees.

If I switch to the share everything plan with this same setup, the bill I am looking at will be:

2 smartphones @ $40 each = $80

2 basic phones @ $30 each = $60

1 home phone connect @ $20

1GB Share Everything data =$50 (it sounds as if THIS is the only item which you are saying gets discounted)

If I assume my 22% access discount, this would give me a discount of $11 which is BARELY MORE THAN 1/3 of my previous discount.

The above numbers for the Share Everything plan add up to $210. If I subtract the discount of $11 I get total charges of ~$199, $9 MORE than what I had been paying with just a FRACTION of the data. I will assume a similar 5% increase in taxes/fees for a total of ~$34. This would give me a new Verizon payment of $233 for basically the exact same service and a FRACTION of the data. I don't see how I could possibly only get the 1GB of data, though, and would have to go up to at least the 4GB level, which would increase my bill by another $20.

Even if I upgrade my phones with subsidization, I can see NO scenario in which the Share Everything Plan would benefit me and would opt for one of the tiered data plans. I had been hoping to upgrade my 2 basic phones to smartphones, but can see no possible way that this would be cost effective.

The only way I can possibly see the Share Everything plan to be beneficial to me would be if the employee discounts are worked in such a way as to make them at least comparable to the discounts PRIOR to the Share Everything plans.