reporting slow data speeds, 37923
knox_sportx

Verizon support,

Can you submit a ticket to have the towers checked serving the Cedar Bluff area of Knoxville, TN, zip code 37923? For more the past 6 months the data speeds have been slow. Speed test reports the following:

1.56 down 20.19 up

1.68 down, 12.55 up

0.27 down, 0.46 up

0.03 down, 0.00 up

These speeds were comparable to Sprint, before I left them.

Hoping it's just a local tower issue that can be identified and corrected.

Thank you for investigating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: reporting slow data speeds, 37923
rcschnoor
Legend

What data plan do you have? Your speed can be impacted depending on what data plan you chose to get.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need for speed, knox_sportx, and will be glad to help you in every way we can. The reported speeds are not within what we expect to be providing, and we sincerely appreciate those specific test results. In order to be sure our network team has accurate information, we will need to ask more questions. To that end, I sent you a private message to your inbox, in order to get to the solution as quickly as possible.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
knox_sportx

Not sure why rcschnoor's answer was labeled a 'correct answer.'

While it's true different data plans can affect network speed (de-prioritization, etc)... under no circumstances is a download speed of 1 or less acceptable, regardless of plan.

It's been this way for months. It's not unrealistic to ask Verizon to investigate for network/tower/capacity issues. And I appreciate Verizon support for reaching out. I would suggest that is the correct answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

knox_sportx wrote:

Not sure why rcschnoor's answer was labeled a 'correct answer.'

While it's true different data plans can affect network speed (de-prioritization, etc)... under no circumstances is a download speed of 1 or less acceptable, regardless of plan.

I agree my answer should not be labeled a "correct answer", it was simply a request for more information from you, which you seem to have dismissed.

IF the description of a plan states that the download speeds WILL be less than 1, and someone chooses to go with that plan, those speeds SHOULD be acceptable. If you don't think they are acceptable, you shouldn't be on that plan. Verizon's GoUnlimited plan WILL limit your hotspot data speeds to 0.6 Mbps at ALL times, regardless of tower congestion. If those speeds are unacceptable, I suggest not signing up for that plan. Obviously, I don't know what plan you have or if your download speeds are for data going to your phone or your hotspot and is the reason why I was requesting more information. It is hard to give helpful advice, let alone a "correct answer" without getting the information necessary for such.

As I stated earlier, your data speed can be impacted by what plan you have. If you are on a plan which can or WILL limit your data speed to less than what you deem to be "acceptable" speeds, you should go with a plan which will not do so. Whether or not you are on such a plan, I certainly don't know, although the statement "under no circumstances is a download speed of 1 or less acceptable, regardless of plan" is simply NOT true if SOME plans have terms which specifically state those speeds ARE the limits of the plan in question.