"My Verizon" User Perks - New phone every year?
gaga4goo2

When I was getting my phone serviced in November (that I had got with the new every 2 program in May) I saw a poster in my local Verizon store advertizing the benefits of being a "My Verizon" online user.  One of these benefits it said was that you could get a new

phone every year instead of the normal every 2 years under the new every 2 program.  But I can't find anything online about this.  How do I go about getting a new phone every year under this program?  I should be able to get one next month since that would be one year.  Can I just walk into my local Verizon store or are there some hoops I have to jump through first?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "My Verizon" User Perks - New phone every year?
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Here is what I found in the Verizon FAQ.   I guess basically you can get an annual new phone upgrade every year but you continue to push back your New Every Two (indefinitely).   Personally, I like this program and will probably do it each year given how often really cool phones are coming out these days:

Annual Upgrade
  1. What do I have to do to get a new phone with Annual Upgrade? You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It’s as easy as that. Back to top
  2. Is this replacing New Every Two? No, Verizon Wireless is providing an additional program to upgrade your phone. By taking advantage of the Annual Upgrade, however, your New Every Two calendar will restart.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pistonsfan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as Im aware, I have not heard anything about that. The only thing I can think of is on some posts here I've seen that you can become a vip customer to verizon and then the primary line gets perks llike upgrading early after a year. I haven't heard of anything other then that. I know by joining my verizon you do get free phone back up online that you would normally have to pay for if you weren't a member of my verizon.

I know they do let you upgrade 20th month of your contract, But since we got newer phones, we don't plan on really upgrading until  next year. There will probably be a lot of new phones coming out between now and 2010. I'll have to look into this...

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
I agree.   New improved phones are being released at an astounding rate now.   Far faster than traditionally in years past.   Also, even single people are having more than one phone these days.    The "New Every Two" is fine but it really is time to explore a similar deal for a yearly qualification for a new phone.   That option might cost you more but I can see a lot more phones being sold and upgraded.   Finally, there is nothing more discouraging than getting a phone and after a couple of months realizing you didn't make the best choice and looking at nearly two years to go with it.    Having an option to get out after a year would definitely be a big seller feature.
0 Likes
gaga4goo2

The new phone every year for being a "my verizon" user was advertised along with the free backup assistant feature.  They were right next to each other on the same poster.  I have been using backup assistant for free for several months.  But I can't find any details anywhere about getting a new phone every year when you are an active "my verizon" online user like the poster said.

I was given a LG Voyager when my LG NV was replaced for the 4th time in less than 6 months.  I am not crazy about the Voyager, and I should be able to get a new phone in May IF this program really exists. 

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Here is what I found in the Verizon FAQ.   I guess basically you can get an annual new phone upgrade every year but you continue to push back your New Every Two (indefinitely).   Personally, I like this program and will probably do it each year given how often really cool phones are coming out these days:

Annual Upgrade
  1. What do I have to do to get a new phone with Annual Upgrade? You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It’s as easy as that. Back to top
  2. Is this replacing New Every Two? No, Verizon Wireless is providing an additional program to upgrade your phone. By taking advantage of the Annual Upgrade, however, your New Every Two calendar will restart.
0 Likes