problem with data in another state
chark3n

I am from new jersey and on vacation in orlando, florida. My phone usually is showing 3-4 bars of lte coverage but i wont receive any messages or push notifications until i connect to wifi. is there a fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: problem with data in another state
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check your network settings, be sure it's set to LET/CDMA.  Sometimes an OS update or other update will reset it to Global, and you get flaky connections that way - it should be set to LTE/CDMA.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
chark3n,

We hope your having a wonderful vacation so far! We'd love to take a closer look to ensure you are not missing any messages or notifications. What model phone do you have? Did you recently update the devices software? Please share more details so that we can better assist you.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try resetting the network connection. either through the phopne settings menu, or removing and reinserting the SIM card (if your phone has a SIM card).

chark3n

Lg g3 yes i just updated to androids lollipop last week

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ya might wanna think about running a System cache Clear or run a F.D.R. if you haven't,  let your phone fully update the changes like your 3rd party apps and to help it to adapt to the new OS

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check your network settings, be sure it's set to LET/CDMA.  Sometimes an OS update or other update will reset it to Global, and you get flaky connections that way - it should be set to LTE/CDMA.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information chark3n. Did this issue start as soon as you got into Florida? Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM card on the device? http://vz.to/1KzIBEh Are you able to make and receive phone calls ok while in Florida?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes