port forwarding on HomeFusion Router
UncleMeat2

I had Port Forwarding on my router set up properly to allow viewing of my security cameras. They worked fine for a long time (over a year) then today when I tried I could not connect.  In looking into the problem I discovered that my "dynamic IP address" had changed.  On the firewall screen is shows the port forward rules with and error - hostname resolution failed.

The instruction manual I downloaded has instructions that are "lame" at best and describe very little.  I originally called Samsung Tech Support to set up the router but don't think I should need to call them if reasonable instructions are available.  BTW: there is a similar question asked last year with a link to a manual that may be different from the one I downloaded but it is also of little use.

Thanks for any assistance you may provide.  Otherwise I can go back to Samsung.   -billw

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: port forwarding on HomeFusion Router
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand wanting to make sure you home is secure UncleMeat2! I wish I can help with the port forwarding piece to your security camera but we don't have the resources in regards to your security. I did though find some information that might be useful for you since you did say the Dynamic IP address has change. You possibly get a Static IP http://vz.to/1LIyn3u but of course you would have to meet the requirements. Is your Home Fusion working otherwise? Keep me posted.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: port forwarding on HomeFusion Router
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand wanting to make sure you home is secure UncleMeat2! I wish I can help with the port forwarding piece to your security camera but we don't have the resources in regards to your security. I did though find some information that might be useful for you since you did say the Dynamic IP address has change. You possibly get a Static IP http://vz.to/1LIyn3u but of course you would have to meet the requirements. Is your Home Fusion working otherwise? Keep me posted.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes