poor 4g lte in 23024 during peak times
mistwolf

Good evening

Most nights my wife and I  experience extreme slowness in the 23024 zip over 4g.  We've tested it with several devices spanning two Verizon accounts,  so it's unlikely to be a device issue.

Is there something we can do?  Is the local tower simply being overworked when everyone is home?  Granted I'd love a resolution but simply getting confirmation of the problem would help.

BTW, when I say slow speeds,  typically .6 Mbps or less.  During non peak times we can see 8 Mbps.  We love streaming media but speeds that slow make it painful.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: poor 4g lte in 23024 during peak times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for bringing this to out attention, mistwolf! I know getting the best service at all times is important. When exactly did this start happening? I see this is a good coverage area; however, as you mentioned, heavy traffic can cause network congestion. Let's look further into this. Do you notice this in only 23024?

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mistwolf

Thanks for the quick feedback.

We've noticed this forthe past couple weeks at least,  though some days are worse than others.  Typically it's around 5pm-11pm or so that's bad, at least during the week. 

I'm using one of the same devices at work,  in 23117 and getting 19Mbps, so as far as I know it's only the 23024 area.

Let me know what else I can provide.

Damian

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mistwolf, thanks for those details. No issues reported in Virginia at this time. Which make/model phone do you have? Have you powered that device off/on since having this issue?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
mistwolf

Lasina,

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't know that I had tried that when

specifically having the problem, but will try now:

Galaxy Note 4 - download .66 Mpbs, upload 2.11 Mbps

after restart: download .2.19 Mbps, upload 2.39 Mbps

attempting again w/out restart: download 0.53 Mpbs upload 1.80 Mbps

attempting again w/out restart: download 1.05 Mpbs upload 1.77 Mbps

I've also got a:

Netgear Router MBR-1515

My Wireless Number: +1540....

download: 1.13 Mbps, upload 2.46 Mbps

Results seem pretty sporadic, regardless of restarting. Should I expect a

restart to help?

Any other advice?

Thanks.

Damian

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, thanks for giving that a try mistwolf. Based on the information that you have provided us this seems to be an issue isolated to your area or home location. In this case it may be best to file a ticket with our network technicians to determine what might be going on here. I have sent you a PM to get started or you would always be able to get in touch with us by calling 800-922-0204 or *611 from your device.

How to Direct Message: http://vz.to/1v1EnM8

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes