Re: phone insurance - yes or no
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Timed out before I could finish the edit.  I wanted to add that I believe that insurance would be affected by non-credit of the return of the return.  Pretty sure I've seen multiple accounts of that issue.

0 Likes
tmc75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the insurance help.  So if I have no insurance and something should happen where the phone does not work, I could get find a used/new/refurbished phone on my own and have it activated?  I assume the info from my old phone could be backed up to the new phone?  Are phones on amazon (or other sites) fairly reasonably priced?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can activate any unlocked compatible phone onto your account. However if you're on the Edge contract then you'd still need to make those payments even if the phone is non functional and you'd not be able to Edge Up without a big penalty fee.

Amazon does have some used phones, if you search for the phone you want you have to look under used. I have seen sites like swappa.com that have decent deals as well. I sell my phones on CL often, but if you go that route look for a thorough ad and check to make sure it's not stolen.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

www.swappa.com for the win.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmc75, it's important to us that you have a working phone as soon as possible. You have the option of buying a new phone or certified pre owned device at full retail pricing. Click the link below for more information regarding the Certified Pre Owned option:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/certified-pre-owned/?lid=sayt&sayt=certified*

Please be advised that if you choose to purchase a phone from a third party, it cannot be covered under our manufacturer warranty. Additionally, if the device has been reported lost or stolen, you would be unable to activate it on your line. For your convenience, you can activate that alternate phone on your wireless number online at My Verizon:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do?intcmp=SearchBanner:activation%20-%20tablet:...

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes