only one reason I remain with Verizon.....
radelster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had verizon service back in 2000, before unlimited ANYTHING plans... Had to dial 10 digits to call, and you were still liable for long distance charges when they deemed it a long distance call.   I could call the next town over, and be charged LD charges.  I asked verizon for a way for me to know if a call was LD or not BEFORE I made it... they stated they had no way.  I left them, and switched to Alltel.

With Alltel for many years, no problems whatsoever.   Then Verizon absorbs them... and the troubles start again.

Currently have 5 lines with them, and ONE of them is still on an unlimited data plan - the ONLY reason I have not switched.

2 of the lines are not under contact, but due to POOR SERVICE issues, they have told me I can leave any time, without early termination fees.

What would it take for me to STAY?

1.   better LTE coverage would be nice... but it's doubtful that would ever happen.  I constantly go from 3G to 4G sitting at work, at home, or in my back yard.   They claim their techs have been out several times to test the network, but found no issues.  I asked them to come to my house when they were here, but was told that was not allowed.  My last phone call with them told me they WOULD come by... but I have not heard a thing since.

2.  better PHONE selection.    Samsung makes a great TV, but their phones suck.  Don't want an iPhone.   Have had the Moto's for the past 3 years, and have gone through a dozen replacements.   When they work they are great, and when they don't they suck.  Best phone I had with Verizon was the HTC Incredible.     Now, everyone and their mother can get an HTC One, while Verizon pushes more Moto crap on us.

If T-Mobile, Spring or AT&T had better coverage in our area... I'd switch in a minute.   Unfortunately, this was an Alltel market.... and now it's Verizon.... so the service here is limited.   If you want good PHONE coverage... it's Verzion.   and if you want a mostly steady 4G... it's Verizon.

I just wish they would treat their long-time, HIGH PAYING customers a little better.

Labels (1)
Re: only one reason I remain with Verizon.....
radelster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spent the past 2 hours chatting, and talking with various AT&T reps.  TRYING to convince them to offer a - COME GET YOUR HTC1 AND KEEP YOUR VERIZON PLAN.... to no avail.

to get CLOSE to my current plan (unlimited data), my monthly rate would increase about $80, and my data goes from unlimited to 15gb/month for 3 lines to share.    Because (as they put it)... nobody really uses unlimited anyway.

Verizon doesn't care about it's customers,. by the lies, bait & switch, and the just overall bad customer service experience....

and AT&T (the only other 4G alternative in my area), has no interest in gaining new customers... unless you want to pay MORE... for less....

Wonderful, just wonderful.

0 Likes