not eligible for upgrade for 1 1/2 yrs, how/where do i buy a phone i can just activate?
AMBERASHLEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 people in total on my plan; all of which are not eligible for an upgrade until 2016 (HORRIBLE). I happened to drop my iphone 4s last night, and chunks are missing out of it, as well as the screen is completely shattered. I do want to possibly upgrade my phone because it is pretty outdated, before i decide to pay the 65-70$ to replace my screen. I know i can buy off of Amazon, Craigslist, ebay. But what do I look for? Does it have to be "unlocked"? "pre owned"? i am not too sure how to do this and any information is greatly appreciated as well as other websites i can use as well.

Thank you in advance.

-Amber

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: not eligible for upgrade for 1 1/2 yrs, how/where do i buy a phone i can just activate?
Not applicable

http://www.swappa.com

Make sure it is for use on Verizon Wireless.

also check the ESN/EMEID to make sure this device is not in the lost or stolen data base. You can check that from the Swappa site.

Also be careful, some people are selling the device and they owe money on it to Verizon so it cannot be activated or even worse they are selling you their device and then reporting it stolen after you get it.

Dishonest people abound. Be very careful.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Re: not eligible for upgrade for 1 1/2 yrs, how/where do i buy a phone i can just activate?
Not applicable

http://www.swappa.com

Make sure it is for use on Verizon Wireless.

also check the ESN/EMEID to make sure this device is not in the lost or stolen data base. You can check that from the Swappa site.

Also be careful, some people are selling the device and they owe money on it to Verizon so it cannot be activated or even worse they are selling you their device and then reporting it stolen after you get it.

Dishonest people abound. Be very careful.

Good Luck

AMBERASHLEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you for that! wow. i will definitely look into that Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

AMBERASHLEY wrote:

Hello,

I have 3 people in total on my plan; all of which are not eligible for an upgrade until 2016 (HORRIBLE).

The only reason you have to wait is because you signed a 2 year contract. Technically you can upgrade at any time. You just pay full price.

0 Likes
Not applicable

My Pleasure to assist

0 Likes
AMBERASHLEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

do you have any recommendations on a phone? ahaha. idk if im team iphone anymore

0 Likes
Not applicable

I use the iPhone 5s just love it. My wife uses an LG G2 which is android and its fantastic.

High battery life, great signal, high storage capacity, slim features, high resolution screen, fantastic camera and its a really nice functioning phone.

In either case I would check out http://www.phonescoop.com

Compare the devices. Just make sure they function for Verizon wireless.

Good Luck