no signal
THESOZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Built a new house this year. I have very limited service at the new house, I can go I mile in any direction and get 3-4 bars. can only use my phone with any dependability if I stand in my front yard.  Using the phones app (Samsung S5) I have a -103 signal strength outside.  I do not have high speed internet so a micro tower will not help.  not worried about internet access, only voice and text.  Talked to the tech at the version store (not a reseller)and he suggested contacting Verizon about  tweaking my tower and can't seem to get an answer.  Would a cell signal booster (weBoost ect...) help or would that be wasting my money. Been with Verzion a long time and happy enough, but I may need to check out other service.

Labels (1)
Re: no signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THESOZ,

A new home can be quite an exciting time, but let's check this out. We certainly wouldn't want to see you go after being with us for so long. While no carrier is able to guarentee indoor coverage, we offer indoor options that get around that, such as the already-included feature called Wi-Fi Calling. However, they do require a Wi-Fi connection to work properly, and you mentioned that your current internet would not be ideal for that solution. Recommended speeds would be about 1.3Mbps for Wi-Fi Calling to work. As for a signal booster, while we do not offer them ourselves, you would need to register a compatible booster to your account here: http://vz.to/2ghX6oJ

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THESOZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any adjustments that can be made to the tower or transmitter?  This dead zone has been a problem for quite some time to everyone that travels through the area with dropped calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THESOZ,

We understand the importance of having reliable service. What zip code is this in? What kind of issues do you have that the low signal affects? Dropped calls, unable to receive/send texts, etc.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
THESOZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

48847 zip code

Corner of Buchanan and Wisner Roads.  About 1 mile from the intersection you will lose signal, from 3 bars LTE to nothing.  This is one of the main travel route between Ashley and Ithaca.

[removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
THESOZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

great customer support, NOT

4 weeks without an answer

0 Likes