no cell service since 3/7
rafaelaJT

Verizon Service Rep: I need answer to 2 questions:

1- How can I find out when local tower goes up again? (US zip 92252) Local Verizon rep said to call store. Just did. After being on hold for 45 min, was bounced to corporate customer service, then to offshore call center since I'm prepaid? Offshore could not help.

2- How can I find out if my old phone will work when service restored? Local Verizon rep on phone (via borrowed landline phone) said it may not work, but was "too busy" to check, that I should come down to the store. Went yesterday, there was a wait of over an hour. I'm seriously ill and at high risk for Corona. There has to be another way- some way for a competent person to access a database with specs, and communicate via web.

After no service Sat, Sun, Mon, on Tuesday local Verizon store finally admitted tower was down, which they were denying previously.

If I knew for certain that my phone would not work when service restored, I could have purchased new one and had it delivered by now. Am very close to buying new phone for t-mobile. I've been with Verizon 3+ years.

0 Likes