new cell towers in tennessee
WERLIGIG

How can we get better cell service in Tennessee?

We recently moved from Ohio to Tennessee - Tellico Village in Loudon County, specifically.  Tellico Village sits on the Tennessee River/Tellico Lake and is an upscale planned community that runs along an approximate 11-mile stretch of land.  There are currently about 7,600 people in the Village, with more moving in every day.  These homes range from $300k to $1.5m & more.  We are a fast-growing community in need of better cell service!!

Although most people here are retired, many families have lived & worked in this area all their lives.  We have an aggressive marketing group that has been very successful in drawing new people to our community.  Tellico Village is not the only upscale community in the area - there are several others (Rarity Bay, Wind River are two others).  In an area that is only about 35 miles south of Knoxville, there are many professional people who have made their home here.  Thanks to the successful marketing campaign, there has been an influx of new Villagers the past two-three years coming from California, Illinois, Michigan & Ohio...........and the biggest complaint people have is the lack of good cell service, especially in the south end of the Village.

At the south end of the Village, at the intersection of 444 & 72, there is no cell coverage at all.  There are multiple businesses (banks, grocery, hardware, salons, pharmacy, etc.) in that area along with high-end homes being built.  With the accelerated growth in the area & potential new customers that could be available for Verizon service, it would be nice to see a new cell tower installed to accommodate these people.  AT&T has been very active in the area, installing fiber in all of the Tellico Neighborhoods & pushing residents to switch to their services.

None of the major cell companies provide very good service to this area.  It would be really great if Verizon would take the initiative & start looking at upgrades to the area.  There are still hundreds of vacant building lots in the Village and cell service is of utmost importance in today's society.

I don't know how else to pass the word that we need better cell service here, so I am posting this, hoping that someone will pass the word along.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: new cell towers in tennessee
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you know that Verizon Wireless and the other carriers haven't tried to add additional towers? Have you considered it might be the local residents and the local building commission that has protested against placing a "unsightly" tower in "their backyard" and basically shut down any improvements?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WERLIGIG

Ann, I don't know if anyone from the area has contacted Verizon.....I am

just trying to get some information. Verizon doesn't make it very easy to

submit questions about possible service issues.

I've been a Verizon customer for over 20 years & don't anticipate moving to

another carrier. This was the only place I could find to even try to ask a

question.

You seem very defensive about my remarks. Do you work for Verizon? I only

put the information about our area out there in the hopes someone could

answer my question about improved long-term cell service. Didn't mean to

ruffle your feathers.

I understand the process of adding cell service..... My husband worked

installing & maintaining cell tower circuits for many years in Ohio. I'm

only trying to get information.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they open a trouble ticket to investigate the service issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WERLIGIG

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is great to hear that your community is growing so rapidly, WERLIGIG. We can understand your concern with wanting a great signal for the area and want to do everything that we can to assist you. You can certainly have a troubleshooting ticket submitted on your behalf and if plausible you or a member of your community may be interested in this link to have a tower built in the area: https://www.verizonwireless.com/biz/real-estate-inquiries/ .

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes