my rollover data
dmh359

on the 16th every month my plan recycles every month with 8 g , On december 15 I had 1.79 g left over and on the 16th got that with my recycle data to add up to 9.79 g of data.

On the 15 of january I HAD 1.68G left over at 11,45pm . today my recyle was reset with  my 8g data  but no  rollover of 1.68g is there. this is also not the first time this has happen. A few months back a recycle of about .89 never when in my recyle date. I  have been with verizon for over 10 years with 3 phones and broadband , now I AM DOWN TO ONE PHONE with the service . think its time to check other service verizon customer service is not as helpful as it use to be.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my rollover data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You really should read and understand how the carryover policy works.  Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless  FYI, AT&T has the same policy.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

carrover data is only good for 1 month and then expires.   Plan data is used before carryover.  You used up all your plan data, the carryover saved you and you used 0.11 of the 1.79 carrover.  The rest then expired.  There was no plan data carried over since there was none left. 

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

If you started the previous cycle with a total data availability of 9.79gb (including your monthly allowance & the rollover from the previous month) and ended the cycle with 1.68gb total remaining that would mean you had used 8.11gb total in that billing period.

That would mean you used 8gb of your monthly plan, and 0.11gb of your rollover from the prior period. Because your monthly data allowance is used up first, and it was all used and rollover data only carries over for one billing cycle that is correct.

0 Likes
dmh359

So I have 9. 79 on December 16 my recycle date and on the 15 of January I have 1.69 of what I used in the month of january. I had 1.69 as of 11:00 pm January 15. Rollover data should be every month not every other. I am done with getting screwed.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Rollover isn't every other month, you can rollover any of your unused monthly data allowance portion (the 8gb) to the following bill cycle in any month where you don't use the allowance. Last month you used 8.11gb, so there was no data to rollover.

Since you have rollover data with your plan it saved you $15 in overage fees for last month for going over the 8gb. I wouldnt call that getting screwed.

0 Likes
dmh359

Going to explain in simple terms . Let's say on the 16th of the month I get 8 dollars. At the end of the month I have 1.69 cents . The 16 of the new month I get 8 dollars plus 1.69 of the last month, now I have 9.69 now on the 15 of the month I am down to 1.58 about 17 % of my money left over( 17 % was what my data said)on the 16 I get my 8 dollars for the new month but no 1.58 from where I left off on the 15th. Why does my data show that I had17% of data left on the 15 and it did not get rollover

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Because the 17% of data left for the January bill of the 9.69 total for the month (1.58) was the rollover from what you hadn't used from the December bill. It rolled over for that one billing cycle. Data doesn't rollover for more than one billing cycle, the unused rollover amount expires after it has rolled over once.

Since you used your 8gb monthly allowance last bill cycle, (plus 0.11 if the rollover from the prior cycle) there is nothing left to roll over to this month. For example if you had used 5.11gb last cycle instead of 8.11gb this month you would have rolled over 2.89gb, but there was nothing left to rollover as the 8gb monthly allowance had been used, and the remaining unused rollover that was available for the December bill month expired since it was the rollover from the November bill month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You really should read and understand how the carryover policy works.  Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless  FYI, AT&T has the same policy.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Say on the 16th you get 8 dollars and 1.69 bonus dollar coupon you can use with purchase of 8 dollars or more. Coupon expires in 30 days. That is what you are dealing with.

0 Likes