<2Mbps in Plano, TX area
cbpickering

Over the past many weeks, numerous employees in our office have noticed that D/L speeds are <2Mbps, while U/L is 30Mbps or more.  Once we get ~3-5 miles away from our offices, it is back to normal D/L speeds.  We verified this across multiple device brands and models, including tablets.

Location of issue is the Legacy Central campus.

3875+W4 Plano, Texas

6635 Declaration Drive, Plano, TX 75023

0 Likes
Re: <2Mbps in Plano, TX area
bearone21
Legend

best speeds o for the network are 5-12mbps.

could be building construction or other buildings between you & towers.

0 Likes
cbpickering

It onnly started a few weks ago.  When we move far enough away to antother eNB, it is fine.

0 Likes
Re: &lt;2Mbps in Plano, TX area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We feel your need for speed, cbpickering. Let’s turn this around. Although my investigation of the address did not turn over any leads about there being a known issue there, we are still committed to uncovering what’s going on.
You mentioned data, but how are phone calls there?
What are the results of the Connectivity test in the My Verizon app?
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

when you move you eliminate the problem, whether buildings & now able tto hit more towers.

0 Likes
cbpickering

All good per the my Verizon app.  Works great everywhere but the location I specified.  I'm getting 54 down and 14 up when I get away from that area.  Text and phone calls are fine, it seems.

0 Likes
cbpickering

bearone21, what are you talking about? Your speed statement is blatantly incorrect.

@bearone21 wrote:

best speeds o for the network are 5-12mbps.

could be building construction or other buildings between you & towers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing these details with us cbpickering. Can you tell us when you noticed this change? Has there been any construction at this location? The last thing we would like to know is if the issue occurs indoors, outdoors or both. You are in the right place for assistance.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
cbpickering

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for sharing these details with us cbpickering. Can you tell us when you noticed this change? Has there been any construction at this location? The last thing we would like to know is if the issue occurs indoors, outdoors or both. You are in the right place for assistance.  BobbyN_VZW

Indoors and outdoors.  About a 3-4 mile radius from the location information I provided.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details and we do want to ensure that everything is looked into for you, cbpickering.  Do you know if anything happened or changed around the time that this started?  Any major storms or inclement weather around the same time that this issue started? 

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes