leaving verizon
hoopie

How do I cancel my contract when I have fullfilled my 2 year obligation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: leaving verizon
Not applicable

You either port to another service, if you want to retain your cell number. Or simply call up and cancel your service at *611 or 1-800-922-0204 that easy.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

You either port to another service, if you want to retain your cell number. Or simply call up and cancel your service at *611 or 1-800-922-0204 that easy.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to leave us hoopie and I would like to know how we can keep you with us? Is there a reason your leaving us? Let me help with any questions or concerns you have so that we can keep you with us. If you still need to cancel, you will have to speak to a representative to verbally advise of your cancellation.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
hoopie

Thank You for asking. My problem is I had 2GB of data taken from me, with various reasons depending on the representative I was speaking with.

When I started my contract I had a Motorola Droid 4 with 4 GB data, it was a double data promotion. In March of 2013 I engaged the Mobil Hotspot on my Droid while on vacation.

My phone went swimming and died. I went to Verizon in Florida to see if it could be repaired and asked if I need to cancel the Mobil Hotspot (tethering?). The Rep. said yes and canceled it.

After a week or so I activated an old phone, a LG phone. When I returned home, I found out that I also lost 2GB of data. I spoke with a Verizon Rep named Kyndra and she stated that she could

see exactly what happened that she would get that data back for me. It would take a while, and she would keep me posted via text message. She did that for about 2-3 weeks, and then no more correspondence. Next I tried at our Local Verizon store on 24th Ave Fort Gratiot. And they said there is nothing we can do, you have to call
Verizon. I again called Verizon Support, and spoke with a Rep named Jacqulyn , she said that she would try to help me get that data back, but I would have to wait until I got my Droid back from Motorola, (it was still under Motorola's warranty not Verizon). My Droid came back I activated it and contacted Jacqulyn again, and there was no response. After a time I got angry about the situation contacted her again. And she sent me a text or email that I am out of luck they don't have the code for double data and I can't
have it back. But....I could sign up for share data plan, I am not the owner of the plan, I can't make those decisions.

So this is why I don't want to renew my contract. I feel  the terms and conditions are decided on by the representative that your speaking with at the time. I also feel that I was mislead when I added the Mobil hotspot tethering when on vacation. I was told by
a rep. on the phone that I could start and stop that anytime I wanted, that it
is not a change to my original contract. I could even add data for vacation and drop it after with no penalty.
I am disappointed to say the least.

Because of these issues, I would like to know how to end my contract at the appropriate time with out penalty.

Thanks You for your Response - Tina

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG phone that you activated temporarily ... was it a 3G phone or a 4G phone?  If it was a 3G phone, that's why you lost the double-the-data promotion.  You must maintain a 4G phone on the line to keep double-the-data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Tina!  I would like to look further into this.  Please accept my "follow" request and send me a Direct Message so that I may further assist.  Thanks again!

Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

0 Likes