Re: its time to go... bye bye Verizon, hello pink people
B33
Legend

It will be a thing of the past...

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

but will people still be grandfathered into it... just as with Verizon?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Possibly i'd say it'd depend on how Quick a person signs up before the grandfathering Ends.. you'd just have to check with them.. b 

0 Likes
Not applicable

The providers (Sprint & T-Mobile) will continue with unlimited data, just like Verizon did to attract customers.

The reason why now Verizon let's it stay grandfathered in is that most of the customers will buy a new device at subsidy than at full price. Customers lose unlimited. Customer makes a change to their plan, bye bye unlimited, customer wants to add a device to their account, verizon tricks them into losing unlimited. Customers port out and back in, they lose unlimited.

You see that teaser of "Unlimited data" worked. Now they find its a cash stream at metered or shared data. Good business decision. Sort of like why does the dentist give lollipops to your child or yourself. Its good for business.

The other providers are going to keep using the unlimited data tactic until they too no longer have to compete. With 99% saturation in the cell industry it will now come down to gimmicks and premium services.

B33
Legend

Yup!  to me It boils down to a money thing they have the product and if you want it bad enough you'll try to get it as bargain priced as you can but if there is there's no other cost options available or you want to keep what you have as in my case you pay it full price or you simply move on... 

I'm Looking to get a device at the end of Feb or maybe sometime in March.. b

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just love the iPhone I came from a long line of androids most Motorola devices. Ha ha I even changed that Avatar to reflect my device.

rcschnoor
Legend

They are OK, I don't prefer them over android though. Both have their high points along with some low points.

I like having widgets on my screen instead of having to open an app to see any information.

Simply a matter of personal preference, though, and someone else's is just as good as mine!Smiley Happy

There are some very good phones out there, regardless of OS though. Too many to choose from. Right now, I am thinking about purchasing a new Moto X. Just wish I didn't have to go through the online configuration if I want to get a 32 GB version. I would prefer to simply stop in my local store to pick it up.Smiley Sad I don't need all of the different color choices. Black or white is fine with me.Smiley Happy

Not applicable

Did you see how with the iPhone 5S you can save almost anything to the screens? Neat feature. I also tried out air play between my wife's iPad Air and my friends iPhone 5s and I was amazed. Of course the Near Field Communication (NFC) on Androids do the same I believe.

You know there is a new device my wife looked at on line last night and it was a huge phone (android)

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/brierdudley/2013/09/03/review-samsung-galaxy-mega-the-biggest-smartpho...

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4144

However it is only available on Sprint. Drat a double drat. I don't want to switch her to Sprint. Maybe Verizon will get it eventually.

B33
Legend

I'm kind on the fence there as well Rc I think the White or Black are both a good choices and can be bought at the store but on the other hand there is one back cover that is in Moto Maker that I really like and it called Woven Black it looks really cool with those yellow accents.. If I don't go for one in the store that is the one I might go for b

Look for the Woven black and Yellow Accents at:

https://www.motorola.com/us/motomaker?pid=FLEXR1#exterior/backplate

0 Likes
B33
Legend

We can always wish b

0 Likes