Re: its time to go... bye bye Verizon, hello pink people
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T would have a valid complaint if the DoJ approved the sale to Sprint. Think about it... Anything that applied to AT&T would also apply for Sprint. I do not see Sprint buying T-Mobile anytime soon. Everything that's going on is probably lingering rumors from the last failed attempt by Sprint.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The simple facts are like anything in life, change is going to happen.

In the way long past, using DOS was the norm. The book they sold how to use the commands was support when you think about it. Then it was Windows, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, 98, ME, Vista, Windows 7, and of course Windows XP is in that fray now we are on Windows 8 and six months later Windows 8.1 it is all driven by profits.

I have all those operating systems in boxes and support for them long gone. But its progress.

Just like all these cell phone OS updates. Are they good? Bad? Only the individual can really say.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So you are saying.... Anything Sprint does is OK even if the same results will happen as if AT&T purchased it less than 6 months prior? The landscape hasn't changed since AT&T tried to purchase T-Mobile to the point where any can validate Sprint buying T-Mobile.

Sprint buying T-Mobile will not happen any time soon for the SAME reasons why AT&T couldn't buy T-Mobile.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately although similar it really is not. AT&T has like Verizon more customers than Sprint & T-Mobile combined.

So a buyout or merger of two small cell companies would be looked on differently. Just like when Bell Atlantic gobbled up smaller cell providers and AT&T also did the same across the nation.

I would think a combined Sprint-TMobile would not even faze either companies (AT&T & Verizon)

We will have to wait and see. The Wall Street Journal last week was saying Wall Street is for the buyout of T-Mobile.

Its up to regulators now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Stop... Sprint buying T-Mobile could put them in the number 1 or 2 spot. Sprint isn't like MetroPCS or some regional carrier. Much like when Verizon bought Altell. A lot of the network was sold off to regional and even AT&T. If they were so worried about it then they could have done the same when AT&T tried to get T-Mobile.

I will put down money it won't happen for the same reasons why it didn't happen for AT&T. DOJ will use the same defense.

0 Likes
Not applicable

However the circumstances are not the same. The DOJ and the FCC were looking at a big cellular company (AT&T) gobbling up a small provider (T-Mobile) who does not even equate in terms of number of customers or service coverage.

I would have thought since they use the same technology (GSM) the likely prospect was ripe for them to acquire the smaller cell provider. However the DOJ was looking at the fact the number two carrier buying them would or could be a start to close them down thus stiffleing competition.

In Sprints case, they also have low numbers of subscribers, they too were bleeding money and due to Softbank now can see taking two small providers and merging into one can foster competition as I wrote above.

The one point that could stop this is Softbank which is a foreign company. But maybe not since Verizon had Vodaphone and T-Mobile has that German Telecom Company so it may not matter.

In my opinion the company (Sprint) will be granted the right to acquire T-Mobile and even though both companies together won't equal what even Verizon or AT&T have as far as customers, the stream lining may actually foster better prices and plans. It would be like it was before. Three major providers once again. The buyout would be good for Sprint of this I am sure.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's all smoke and mirrors. Sprint buying T-Mobile will cause a monopoly either way. Much like IDEN with Sprint Nextel merger(which Sprint did absolutely jack with for so long). Which would cause AT&T to be the sole GSM carrier... Or Verizon the sole CDMA carrier... So that's all smoke and mirrors from the underlying truth. DoJ wasn't arguing the facts on technology like the click bait machines out there. It was about a monopoly much like why Verizon had to sell certain sections of Altels networks in certain regions to a competitor for pennies on the dollar for the deal to go through.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh not to mention everywhere is going VoLTE... Which is a GSM network through and through... Makes AT&T buying T-Mobile more than a bit moot claiming they'll have a monopoly on GSM....

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

even Sprint has Unlimited Data...

Tidbits
Legend

They also went on record they'll be dropping it at some point.

0 Likes